Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my FIL has a 2003 TJ that has become haunted, lol. We are not sure exactly what is wrong with it but it is driving both of us nuts, him more than me as he drives it but still. He keeps getting a couple of misfire codes. This all started after he swapped out his O2 sensors. After redoing them he was talking to some buddies of his at work and took it to a shop off North Rancho. There they changed out a bunch of things but it is still acting stupid. For example, when you turn the key to start it up it will not fire up on the first or second turns of the key, it will ONLY start on the third.
Anyway, I posted on Warmachines and was referred to another place but I was thinking we might have someone that works at Chapman that can perhaps figure out where the ghost is and eliminate it. Let me know and worst case just PM me and I will forward your info to my FIL and have him take it down.
Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
A lot of people recommend Ted Wein's for a lot of work. I know they do mods and such, but I don't know if they do engine/electrical work. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Call Adams Driveshaft and see if they can help you out. Talk to John or James

·
Registered
257 Posts
So does he have to turn it fully off 3 times? Or if he just turns the key on without engaging the starter and waits, will it start a few seconds later? I'm wodering if ones of the valves in the fuel pump is bad. If there's a bad one it will allow the fuel in the line to run back in the tank.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does he have to turn it fully off 3 times? Or if he just turns the key on without engaging the starter and waits, will it start a few seconds later? I'm wodering if ones of the valves in the fuel pump is bad. If there's a bad one it will allow the fuel in the line to run back in the tank.
He just has to turn the key and not engage the starter. That is what I was thinking but he is hell bent that is not the problem. LOL. I am not sure that would explain the error codes though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd give Larry a call up at Vegas 4x4... new shop up by the speedway off of the I-15N. Only been open since the summer, but Larry's been in the off road industry for somewhere around 30 years. Just give him a call! I highly recommend him! (702) 701-0115

1 - 6 of 6 Posts