Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 jk go's dead after I tow it at night be hind my motor home.(flat tow)Can I just run two wires one hot one ground, from motor home to + and - on jk battery? Or is it not that simple? Jack

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Why is it going dead? You shouldn't be using the JKs lights for towing as I don't know how that would give you brake and turn signal lights.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Are you using the Jeep wiring harness that has a plug from your coach and then runs under the hood to the factory connector? This runs your lights and SHOULD charge the jeep provided your coach is putting out the correct voltages on the right pins.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I tow my JK behind the motor home and use the "Toad Charger" system it was easy to install and has worked well for 3 years and about 8,000 miles. I also use the "Cool Tech" wiring harness for the lights.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My supplemental brake system specifies using a charge line from the towing vehicle. To accomplish it, a switched, fused 12 volt line from the towing vehicle is wired through a 20a circuit breaker to the Jeeps battery. Works great and should solve your discharge problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts