Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a Wrangler and my dream came true last October. When I purchased my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It had 77k miles on it and fairly stock. It came with tail light guards, fuel door cover, quadratech floor mats, rugged Ridge dash organizer, and sun visors.

First pic is the night I brought it home. Also the last picture is with my XJ I sold a little while back.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had no intentions of modding the Wrangler as I had three previous Jeeps and spent a lot of money lifting them as well as tires and wheels etc.

It wasn't until I received a free 2" teraflex lift kit from a Reddit Secret Santa that I decided to change my plans..

I had the lift installed along with a set of bilstein 5100 shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife's reaction to the Jeep was that it needed bigger tires and wheels. I was thinking about going to a smaller wheel but I found a deal on a set of 275-70-18 Goodyear Duratracs. So in order to use my stock wheels I bought a set of 1.5" wheel spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got to test out the tires last weekend and was pretty impressed with how well the performed outside of the mud. There was a Chevy that was stuck and needed recovery. Also the YJ was winching the truck out and his battery died. He needed recovery as well. I didn't get pics of me, but I did get a few others.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.8L is gutless but now with the 33s it was horrible. I decided to try out the superchips flashpaq tuner since I've heard so much about it. I installed it last night and can't believe the difference. It's really night and day compared to stock.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 3.73 gears in my JKU but I'm probably going to move to 4.11 or 4.56 in the future.

I'm thinking my next mod will be something with lighting. The stock headlights are terrible. I'm either going to go with Quadratec LED replacement or the Lifetime LED bulb. Not sure which yet.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
They went mudding in someone's yard, and got stuck?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah their kid went driving around their house in street tires while it was raining. He slipped and went into the woods and got stuck. His dad has a XJ and tried to get him out but couldn't. So he asked for help..

Yup LKW is Lake Wylie.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it's been terrible! I'm just off 274 just outside of the lake Wylie area. If you're interested in a great 4x4 club there is a club called Lake Wylie Wheelers.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decided to check my spacers out yesterday. Found my right side front spacer was loose. I bolted it down and checked the other three. The rest were nice and tight. I happened to mention to my wife why I checked all three and now she wants me to get wheels.

I love the stock Sahara wheels and that's why I went with spacers in the first place. So I went down to discount tire and found a set of new MB wheels to have them install on Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen some jeeps around with the Groups stickers on them... Would love to join up sometime.
Find us on Facebook! There are rides all the time. In the warmer months we have several meet and greets as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, ordered a set of method race wheels and 35x12.50 trail grapplers. A friend of mine works at a discount tire in Charlotte. He ordered them for me. The wait is killing me.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts