Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
This last one I ordered from Skyland Automotive in Asheville, NC. I drove there, 160 miles round trip twice. Well worth it.
For dealers, I second Skyland Automotive in Asheville ... I bought my JK from them. Dwayne (Sales Manager) is fantastic.

T

·
Registered
64 Posts
Comac90 said:
For dealers, I second Skyland Automotive in Asheville ... I bought my JK from them. Dwayne (Sales Manager) is fantastic.

T
I also bought mine from Skyland Automotive. Nice Folks!!!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Stateline are being kinda shady. First, I did the test drive there about a month ago, told them I was looking to purchase after the first of the year. So, 2 weeks ago I emailed my sales guy and asked for a price on an Arctic to my spec. For over a week, they'd only tell me to come into the showroom. I finally just said, "Look, Cedric. I'd rather stick tacks in my eyes then to waste a whole day in your showroom while you guys place silly pricing games with me. You have my info. You know what I want. What's my price." I told them I had the Tread Lightly discount and asked if the honored it. They said yes and then quoted me a price that was $700 OVER invoice. When I stated the obvious, they did bring it down to 1% below, but other dealers we already at 2% below.

So, I checked truecar.com amd also the Bank of America Car Buying Service. Found 3 dealerships in the area. BofA prices were lower than truecar, so I started there. Surprisingly, Stateline was one of them. And the price was $1100 under invoice! So, nonw I'm playing them against each other - their sales floor vs. their internet dept. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, Steve White in Hickory has given me a decent price about 3.5% below invoice. Plus, I've talked to them on the phone and you can tell by the way someone speaks to you if they are sleaze and Jerry at Steve White does not seem like sleaze.

Stateline has sleaze all over it. From the second I walked in.

I'm gonna check out Skyland. I'll take any reason to go to Asheville. Used to live there. Love that place.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've heard good things about "rides" out in conover. It's right off exit 130 or 133 on I40. ...but I always use "Carolina hitch" here in Mooresville, great guys and I always get killer deals when I'm in there.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for all the shop tips. Re Carolina Hitch, they're pretty close and I hear good things about them too. Not crazy about turning my new baby over to strangers to wrench on her!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts