Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
you're not wheeling if you don't get stuck everyonce in awhile. This is just mother natures way of saying you need better off road tires. Something bigger and meater:thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Went to shoe creek with a bunch of folks from Fredericksburg and the Lynchburg area. Another run is planned for early June would love to see some people from CVille come too. Check the shoe creek thread for more info!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Got an idea!

I retired 4/1/12, so that makes me an ole 65-yo used-2-b, but I have been in the Mtn's all my life. Additionally, I once belonged to a BUSY Volunteer Rescue Squad and during that time I was qualified in Mtn Search & Rescue, but again, I used-2-B.

Over my years I've seen so many folks lost on Mtn roads, or stuck, or broken down, etc, etc or looking for kids that strayed off during that Mtn family outing (1st time more than 5-mi from home)!

So I have decided to form an "in-formal group" of folks with 4x4's, with some minimal recovery equipment on-board that would be willing to:

1. Help stranded folks on Mtn Trails
2. Pull folks out if stuck
3. If broken down, assit them with getting a tow truck
4. If you have a GPS give them their co-ords, to assist in summoning help

The list will grow with time:thumb:

I will compose a list of folks willing to assit, and furnish to the Park Police (Blue Ridge Parkway), Forest Service, etc., so they can call us for Search Assistance in the Mtns, etc., if, when needed!

This is just a start and I am sure, there is much that will come of this as folks sign-up. If interested PM me with contact info at [email protected]

Shortly we will have a get together to go over details.

If seriously interested, consider these decals for your JEEP for the time-being:
http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/NEW-Full-Color-Stickers/Trail-Patrol-Badge-Stickers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just sent a request to join the Limitless4x4 facebook group, and thought I'd post that here in case you didn't recognize the request. New to jeeps, but having a great time! Took the family to GWNF last night to run from 33 up to Reddish Knob...lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
I just sent a request to join the Limitless4x4 facebook group, and thought I'd post that here in case you didn't recognize the request. New to jeeps, but having a great time! Took the family to GWNF last night to run from 33 up to Reddish Knob...lot of fun!
-----------------------

I answered the eMail U sent me,hope you received it!

Yes! I want to keep this going and build on it!
-------------
One of the 1st things we've done is attempt to keep the 4x4 Family advised of flash-flood damage along the Parkway, so they can make informed plans for their weekend wheeling.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/road-closures-163758.html

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Thread moved to:........

I retired 4/1/12, so that makes me an ole 65-yo used-2-b, but I have been in the Mtn's all my life. Additionally, I once belonged to a BUSY Volunteer Rescue Squad and during that time I was qualified in Mtn Search & Rescue, but again, I used-2-B.

Over my years I've seen so many folks lost on Mtn roads, or stuck, or broken down, etc, etc or looking for kids that strayed off during that Mtn family outing (1st time more than 5-mi from home)!

So I have decided to form an "in-formal group" of folks with 4x4's, with some minimal recovery equipment on-board that would be willing to:

1. Help stranded folks on Mtn Trails
2. Pull folks out if stuck
3. If broken down, assit them with getting a tow truck
4. If you have a GPS give them their co-ords, to assist in summoning help

The list will grow with time:thumb:

I will compose a list of folks willing to assit, and furnish to the Park Police (Blue Ridge Parkway), Forest Service, etc., so they can call us for Search Assistance in the Mtns, etc., if, when needed!

This is just a start and I am sure, there is much that will come of this as folks sign-up. If interested PM me with contact info at [email protected]

Shortly we will have a get together to go over details.

If seriously interested, consider these decals for your JEEP for the time-being:
http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/NEW-Full-Color-Stickers/Trail-Patrol-Badge-Stickers

Moved thread to http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/va-4x4-rescue-and-recovery-group-165557.html#post2454240

Maybe we can get more attention this way??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello everyone. I was involved in this thread back when it started but unfortunately I had to give up my wrangler. Today I just got back into a wrangler and wanted to drop in and see what was going on and whether any formal group or gatherings were taking place. Now that I have a wrangler again I am itching to get back out and have some fun with the community. I hope that all are well and I hope to see you on the trails.

·
Registered
618 Posts
First time Ive seen this thread Im here.
Good morning! I took my Jeep to trails at the Cow Pasture River in Bath and Highland Counties last weekend. Has anyone driven Scotch Town Draft Road? It is amazing.
That looks beautiful That would make a nice day trip

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good morning! I took my Jeep to trails at the Cow Pasture River in Bath and Highland Counties last weekend. Trails were remote and gorgeous. It felt more like Wyoming than Va, and not that far away from Cville! Crossed the river in a couple places and drove along the crest of a mountain. Great place! Fly fishing too! Has anyone driven Scotch Town Draft Road? It is amazing.
That looks like it was a nice trip. I don't think that I have ever heard of this trail. I am actually looking for a fairly light, easy, and scenic trail to take the family on. It seems as though this might fit the bill. Where exactly is it and do I need a permit for it? Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
282 Posts
New to the area and this post is pretty dated.. Looking for a group/club/fellow jeepers. Is Limitless4x4 still active?
I believe it's Jeep weekend at Misty Mountain campground in Crozet. Check it out...I know at least one club will be there. I believe they go out on a trail ride on a few private trails.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is this group still active at all? I'm new to the Jeep world and been looking for other cville area folks to get to know. I was thinking about heading up to Peters Mill this weekend if the group is still functioning. Shoot me a text. 434-373-0036.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts