Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a haul for people in the west valley... Just checking to see if there is any interest in running down to Oracle for this trail.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I have wanted to run this trial for a while. I believe that the big fire down there last year really destroyed some beautiful desert scenery. I'd like to go if the scheduling works.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Moved up from Tucson 11 years ago and rode with friends on this trail back when I was local and had a fun time. Would love to do it again with my own rig. Count me in if it's at least a couple weeks out.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Looks like for me it would have to be after the last weekend in March.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
What are the camping opportunities down there? I'd consider making a trip out there if I could make a "trip" out of it.

·
Registered
2011 JKU, 3.8L 42RLE w/5:13's
38 Posts
I know this is a haul for people in the west valley... Just checking to see if there is any interest in running down to Oracle for this trail.

We're new to AZ and have been looking for others to offroad with. We're into overlanding, and our JKU is built for moderate challenges (actually it's built for more difficult challenges- but I'm not LOL). Glad to see you on the forum- I'm new to the forum as well:)
Bill

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're new to AZ and have been looking for others to offroad with. We're into overlanding, and our JKU is built for moderate challenges (actually it's built for more difficult challenges- but I'm not LOL). Glad to see you on the forum- I'm new to the forum as well:)
Bill
Welcome to the forum Bill. We post up some runs here, and it's usually a pretty casual group. My JK is somewhat an overlander, and my LJ is more of a trail build (ongoing). We have posted up a few overland style runs too, Mojave Road and El Camino del Diablo for instance. Both were 3 long day runs (more adventure runs than true overland)... Most of the trails we run have bypasses if you think you want to pass on something. And we can always winch you up if it's just not happening. ;)

Keep watching here and see if something we post up works for your schedule and desired difficulty. This particular trail is near Tucson and the area got burned out quite a bit during a recent fire. I suspect the trail is still good though. And it sounds like @Got it at last wouldn't mind making an overnight run out of it.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill. We post up some runs here, and it's usually a pretty casual group. My JK is somewhat an overlander, and my LJ is more of a trail build (ongoing). We have posted up a few overland style runs too, Mojave Road and El Camino del Diablo for instance. Both were 3 long day runs (more adventure runs than true overland)... Most of the trails we run have bypasses if you think you want to pass on something. And we can always winch you up if it's just not happening. ;)

Keep watching here and see if something we post up works for your schedule and desired difficulty. This particular trail is near Tucson and the area got burned out quite a bit during a recent fire. I suspect the trail is still good though. And it sounds like @Got it at last wouldn't mind making an overnight run out of it.
I'm hoping to find a car trailer sometime soon for trails like these. " Prepare for Breakdowns" in the trail description makes me think it's a good idea for trails 100+ miles away. I would probably park the truck and trailer at the end of the trail, get a long day in and maybe do a quick BBQ after the run if anyone was so inclined to join in. The 2.5 hour drive for me home after a long day would be better taken the next morning. Just a suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the first Saturday in April an option? April 3rd...

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
FYI... Easter Sunday is April 4th, Doesn't affect me per se, but others???

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't be able to go on Sunday...

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Perused some youtube videos. Looks rather....interesting. I see some possible exercise of gluteus maximus muscles.

How about April 17? Why?

Because it's my birthday!!!!

·
Registered
2011 JKU, 3.8L 42RLE w/5:13's
38 Posts

I'm good on day trips as well, and I'm working on a design to more quickly attach/detach the tent when those opportunities arise as I don't want that weight on top. I'll keep an eye out, thank you. I do have a winch, and enough lift to not scrape (so far), but the thing that has kept us from venturing further is going alone, and familiarity- so a group would be great.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm good on day trips as well, and I'm working on a design to more quickly attach/detach the tent when those opportunities arise as I don't want that weight on top. I'll keep an eye out, thank you. I do have a winch, and enough lift to not scrape (so far), but the thing that has kept us from venturing further is going alone, and familiarity- so a group would be great.
This group gets together when we can for sure. Sometimes it's a casual ride, other times we challenge ourselves. Looks like we're going to run Sunflower Mine loop on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oooooh, i would like to do Sunflower mine this Saturday. Do you have a large group already?
Mike
You can ask in the other thread, but I suspect it will be about 5 Jeeps.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts