Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been thought of before..

At OBX this week and plan on having doors off but may have to toss on for weather. I didn't want to spend the cash and have guides for each door plus I didn't think ahead. So I went to Advance Auto parts a few days before we left and grabbed some vacuum caps. 2.99 a pack and enough to door all 4 doors plus I have some caps left for whatever down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That'll probably protect the paint, but the actual pin "guides" are rigid, longer, and you only put 'em on one hinge per side (usually the top). That way you line up the top first, then as it slides down it self-guides the lower pin. I'd like to put these on the lowers, though. IMHO the metal guides are worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Cut the bottom 2 inches off a bic pen works good too although i don't leave it on all the time. Put it on top hinge of one door, door goes on, take it off and put it on next door, repeat. As WebDevDan already said...just put the guide on either top or bottom hinge or you're defeating the purpose.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tossed the doors back on today and was pleased with how the blue caps worked. They were flexible enough that once one was in the hole, the other moved into place easily just by it flexing enough to pop right into the hole. Good enough for me ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts