Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

11361 - 11380 of 11407 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html

This is a really excellent upgrade. By wiring the headlight directly to the battery it will increase the voltage to the lights by .2v-.3v, which is significant. More than 50% brighter than stock. It will also make LEDs brighter as well if you've already installed LEDs and would like to keep them. Every Jeep should have this. The stock setup can be dangerous in bad weather.

I got one of these from Amazon in December. Very happy with it. I went with LED lights, but I liked the idea of getting better connectivity direct to the battery and gave me new sockets for the bulbs to connect to (instead of the crusty originals).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rollbar padding

My padding covers were closer to blue than black so I tossed them. I bought some pipe insulation: 2 for $4.49 each plus $6.00 shipping. I had some black Cordura left over from another project so I used that to make the covers (you can find Cordura in many colors on Ebay for less then $10/yd. make sure you get 60" width).. Most of the roll bars I covered wire 2.25" in diameter. The insulation I found came in 2-1/8 "or 2-1/2". The thickness also varies along with the price. The 2-1/2" inch 1/2 "inch thick was about $11 each. I went the cheaper route and chose the 2-1/8 ", 3/8" thick. In my research I saw some people having difficulty finding larger pipe insulation sizes. 2 brands that carry a plethora of sizes are Aeroflex and Tundra. I painted the soundbar with a $4 can of Krylon Fusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice work!

I always amazes me that you can find a dozen vendors that make aftermarket younameit's for every part of a Jeep except for roll cage padding sets. I think there was one Vendor (RR?) that makes a black replacement set that got nothing but bad reviews. No one makes quality sets in color yet that I can find. Heck, even a NICE black set would be great. After 15+ years mine are all faded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first post with the mod I did today. Had to do something about all these leaves going into my cowl drainage. So I got a galvanized mesh spouting guard (for $1 because it was the last stock) and riveted it to the cowl. One of the rivets is a bit crocked so I will replace it later. And I will also paint them with touch up paint to match.
Also got an old belt buckle ($20 I think) that I grinded off form the back and fixed with a double side scotch for my hood emblem.
Last weekend - black slot inserts and painted headlight bezels (sandpaper and prime first) black to match future LEDs that I will install as soon as I upgrade the harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
GraBar Mirror

Installed GraBars last month and thought what a great place to mount a mirror when doors are off. Went to place that services bikes and for $5 picked up a mirror and a reflector mount. The reflector mount is bigger than the diameter of the Grabar, I plan to put some rubber bicycle tubing in there to hold it in place.

Bolt is temporary until I get the correct one on my next Menards run.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm certain this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of the frame over the Jeep? I'm guessing it is to carry cargo, but not sure thereof. Thanks.
You are correct. It is a Smittybilt Kargo Master rack system. I believe it originally came with a detachable cargo basket, which was not with it when I bought it last year. People were telling me that would be the first thing they would get rid of. But after giving it a go for the last year, I have to say it has been a great thing to have! I can load stuff and not have to run tie-down straps through open windows, which is nice in the winter and great for the occasional Home Depot run... Top up, top down, doors on or off... This rack will allow me to load stuff up in any configuration. Despite popular opinion, I am going to keep it on there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Removed failing cig lighter and replace it with a USB port. :D

Looks like the next project is to clean the bottom of the dash. LOL Didn't realize how dirty it was till I looked at the pic. :eek:

Just noticed I put this in the wrong area. Was supposed to by "what I did to my TJ today". Oh well, it was still a cheap fix. 14.99 for the USB port. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for low quality picture.

Installed those "eagle eyes" into the factory holes in the roll bar with the wires going inside the roll bar and than behind the plastic trim. Not sure what these holes where made for, but now with lights it looks like it came this way from the factory. Wired into existing footwell light since 4x LEDs shouldn't add much load and now I got me dome lights!!! Highly recommend!
IMG_20190901_183511.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts

Installed those "eagle eyes" into the factory holes in the roll bar with the wires going inside the roll bar and than behind the plastic trim. Not sure what these holes where made for, but now with lights it looks like it came this way from the factory. Wired into existing footwell light since 4x LEDs shouldn't add much load and now I got me dome lights!!! Highly recommend!
View attachment 4173947
Awesome!

·
Registered
265 Posts

View attachment 4173947
Sounds great, but what exactly are eagle eye lights where did you get them? I asked my husband but he did know, and he knows everything (or so he tells me).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys!
Done my door pin switch upgrade from this video (
)
This is absolutely brilliant!!! Used a washer and a nut I had laying around, so nee for 3d printing ;-)
Highly recommend even if you are not taking your doors off, but just want to have dome lights off when you are working on the car and have all doors open.

11361 - 11380 of 11407 Posts