Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not real cheap but for 500 bucks I hurculined entire inside and did exterior in yellow textured durabak bed liner. Looks brand new inside and out now with an indestructible finish that looks awesome!!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just went to your profile. Nice... How do you think the LED's would look under dash, about 2 - 3 feet long?
Thanks ... awesome IMO. Mine are only about 4-5 inches each, but they are bright in the dark. I would imagine a couple feet would really shine! :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow.. Just went out tonight, it was so dark the Dog didn't want to jump in.... Harbor Freight has Blue Lights for $12.99.... think I'm getting some... Anyone know of a connection when you upen the door they come on???? Guess a pressure switch might work...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Local O'Reilly/Auto Zone or other auto parts store should also carry a nice variety if you want to see them before you buy them. Ebay will take a couple days longer, but also works! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts

Fitted this $35 DDM Tuning LED light to my reverse lights. Only draws 1.25 amps, and I hooked it into the reverse light circuit on the passenger tail light. 3x as bright as before and can easily see with my scratched up rear window.

110mm Spot style light (more like a directed flood light):

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/LED-Work-Lamp

Took me 15 mins to do and I just bolted the light to an existing hole. Relatively cheap IMO and pretty easy to do.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Most build threads are filled with stories of rust and stuck bolts. A lot of the bolts on your YJ frame are floating nuts you can't get to to clean up the rust. But you can get a drill close enough to do this. Depending on the size of the bolt find a corresponding pistol or rifle bore and use the cleaning brush. Load it into your drill lubricate and clean the threads. Saves the time of tapping all the threads again and with some lubricant you cant clean the rust and leave lube film at thhe same time. You will finnd a brush that fits tight may be dificult to reverse and come out sometimes run the brush all the way through aand then reverse. It has saved me hours. At your local gun shop bore brushes are relatively cheap cleaning tools for the YJ.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
LED floor lights:

Those are DIY, 5 LED's soldered together then sealed up with glue. Plan on replacing with inexpensive LED modules soon..

LED dash lights:

LED accent's in my dome lights:

Parachord flashlight holster:

Parachord grab handles:

Found the parachord at a garage sale for $5, big spool of it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So any more non lights cheap fun or easy mods?

I don't have any done yet as I haven't picked up my jeep yet but, I do plan on trying a few of these.

Subscribe. Check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took a needle and thread to keep them up there

·
Registered
243 Posts
As soon as I get some free time I'm gonna cut my stock fenders and flares to look like this...
autobot1.jpg
Cutting is free.

Pic is of AutobotWrangler's YJ.

21 - 40 of 184 Posts