Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

101 - 120 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I did the gas tank expansion mid love how easy and free it was. Most everyone has the tools already...flathead on the skinny side and needle nose pliers and some WD40 can't hurt to loosen up the clamp on the vent tube. It took me like 15 mins so easy I think everyone with a YJ should do it.

image-2330851333.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
image-2384432031.jpg

This is the tube that is inserted inside the tank. With caution insert your flathead and bend it a little with too much force on eve bent enough to get your needle nose pliers pull the whole tube out. And voilà all done.

·
Registered
194 Posts
image-264540268.jpg

Oh btw you don't have to remove the gas cap filler or the license plate. It's not necessary on the '94 that's what I have.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It took me 3 hrs to do this and it cost me $25.
This is creative it looks like the spinoff off of the jk/jku grills. Love it my only concern can you still get to the hood latch if it's not far down enogh. I might actually do this version vs the plane old angry eyes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did the gas tank expansion mid love how easy and free it was. Most everyone has the tools already...flathead on the skinny side and needle nose pliers and some WD40 can't hurt to loosen up the clamp on the vent tube. It took me like 15 mins so easy I think everyone with a YJ should do it.

View attachment 2061529
Can you do this on all years? My 87 is probably going to need a fuel sending unit so I might as well do both if I can.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Can you do this on all years? My 87 is probably going to need a fuel sending unit so I might as well do both if I can.
I'm not sure tbh...upon the info that I read on multiple threads and I did a lot of it. I believe it was for the years from 90-95 with the plastic gas tanks if you have an aluminum gas tank it might not work.
Someone correct if I'm wrong.
Your best bet is to do more research and look for your year to be 100%

·
Registered
194 Posts
Btw I didn't do the fuel sending unit others in the forum were saying that they go for like 200$+ I can spend that maybe on new soft top or a media player that I plan on next.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Momo! Good article unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it. It doesn't work on my year YJ but I appreciate the Info! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
You're welcome. don't let that get in the way. there's plenty of mods at little to no cost you just have to be creative. lots of info on here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
slit heavy duty rubber hose lengthwise, round edges on plastic fenders

used TJ had plastic rounded fenders that I split heavy black hose and glued onto it, then bedlined the fenders... dressed up the door edges with plastic trim and added it to the edges of the old bumpers, and to the rain gutters over the doors... split hose on the door bottom door jam also.. got a crack in the fender itself and stitched it by drilling holes on each side and using plastic wire ties mended the broken pieces back together to look like stitches on a surgery site.. lol. ( compliments galore )
P.O. had removed the carpet and pad and rhino lined interior floors, the heat from the La. roads, exhaust, and noise makes it hard to enjoy as much as I would like.... so tomorrow one inch thick rubber horse stall matting is going to be cut to fit the floor areas, except under the gas pedal to avoid it getting stuck... and considering lining the top with it also to kill the noise and insulate it.. if it works the mat cost is fifty bucks for two 4 ft. by 6ft. by one inch thick rubber textured on one side and smooth on the other.
we will see.
dk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I copied some others work here, but this what I have done with mine so far: Imgur also, it has a mandatory flex picture.

·
Registered
20 Posts
how do you get all the "fuzz" and stringy crap left by the factory soundproofing out of the adhesive thats everywhere before you spray it
If you don't care about the paint scrape all that crap off with a metal scraper or use some goof off. I was lazy and just cut everything out then got the extra crap out from where it was pinched with pliers and used a scraper for the nasty "sound proofing" mat material they throw in there. Relatively all of it came off

·
Registered
99 Posts
how do you get all the "fuzz" and stringy crap left by the factory soundproofing out of the adhesive thats everywhere before you spray it
I went to home depot and bought a gallon of acetone and it cleaned the glue residue off real well. Try a test in a place that does not show. It did not affect the paint on mine... Easier than scraping..

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I took my hardtop off this evening with surprising ease, and made a $10 sun shade/bimini top for my Rio Grande. I'll post pictures tomorrow about how I made it and how to attach!

101 - 120 of 184 Posts