Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5568 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:dance: Here's one I can show ya, but can't tell you how to doit-

This latch release will get you out, if you're sleeping inside, or if the security lock won't release-

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
got the inside-connection photos on this? Great install BTW.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dude the Mirrior check is so easy and cheap but is worth $1000.00

IT IS GREAT U GOT TO DO IT!!!

I like the free tips, keep em coming:punk:

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cheap mod is a Velcro cell phone holder. Installed between the air vents. I used the extra strong Velcro. Reg works but once off road it can work loose and drop the phone. No issue with the extra strength type. put the soft piece on the cell ph case to prevent getting scratched up. Works great with jeep clinometer app and iphone too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
the choices of storage gear is rather overwhelming....so after looking at a BUNCH of choices, I called one of my old unused little baggies into temporary service....keeps the cell phone, digital camera, & a couple other little things very handy....plus the vintage Swiss Army Knife capable of dissecting such as the Borg should need arise...

...and no, they do not interfere with using the E-brake handle....

·
Registered
177 Posts
JeeperJake said:
the choices of storage gear is rather overwhelming....so after looking at a BUNCH of choices, I called one of my old unused little baggies into temporary service....keeps the cell phone, digital camera, & a couple other little things very handy....plus the vintage Swiss Army Knife capable of dissecting such as the Borg should need arise...

...and no, they do not interfere with using the E-brake handle....
Nice... Think im gonna do something similar...

A couple more cheep mods:
Tinting any or all lights..
Rather than harley mirrors or a mirror relocation, when you have your doors off... I used two 2" round blind spot mirrors that i stuck onto the two outer ac vents... Theyre small enough to not interfier with the vents spinning or flipping...

·
Registered
24 Posts
recessed rear bumper lights..about $50 for the stuff and diy...love the new smileys...:dance:

I've been looking for someting exactly like this!! Can you recommend what parts to buy and give a little more info as to how you did it? :thumb:

Thanks!
Tony

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
details on that gate stop please....AND the famed 'exit' gate set up???

I doubt I'll be needing to do any door-off mods....

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts

Jimbox won't tell you how to perform the "exit mod", but having had my rear gate apart today, and looking at where his pull handle is mounted, it's a simple mod actually. Pull the vent cover on the right side of the inside gate. you can't miss it. Don't know where he got the handle and grommet, though.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
SaharaCon said:
Rather than harley mirrors or a mirror relocation, when you have your doors off... I used two 2" round blind spot mirrors that i stuck onto the two outer ac vents... Theyre small enough to not interfier with the vents spinning or flipping...
That's a really good idea actually. I'll be pilfering that come summertime. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:dance: YUP seadogs right, the emergency exit is UNSAFE for children-can't give details on the internet-(or PM)

The gate STOP (opener) is sold by 4XFIX LLC (SWAG) and also 4/5 others-check quadratec/4wdparts/JCWhitney--

Jimbox won't tell you how to perform the "exit mod", but having had my rear gate apart today, and looking at where his pull handle is mounted, it's a simple mod actually. Pull the vent cover on the right side of the inside gate. you can't miss it. Don't know where he got the handle and grommet, though.
You've gotit pretty straight and the handle/cable/brackets are hand throttle assy's at Kragens/PEPBOYS-etc, they have tobe "cut-to-fit", the grommet/and internal attachments are "my stuff" !!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:dance: YUP seadogs right, the emergency exit is UNSAFE for children-can't give details on the internet-(or PM)

The gate STOP (opener) is sold by 4XFIX LLC (SWAG) and also 4/5 others-check quadratec/4wdparts/JCWhitney--

You've gotit pretty straight and the handle/cable/brackets are hand throttle assy's at Kragens/PEPBOYS-etc, they have tobe "cut-to-fit", the grommet/and internal attachments are "my stuff" !!

Jimbo my question is, will the emergency handle work if the gate is locked from the outside?

21 - 40 of 5568 Posts