Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

5521 - 5540 of 5568 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have thought about increasing the bulbs in mine as well. I have two sets and the original set came with 50's which I upgraded to 100's. I have a custom wire harness that should handle 130's I'd think. Didnt know there were 130's!
100w are plenty. 130w may or not be better, tbd.
My advice is to try finding bulbs with 4000kelvin temp rating. I put 4000k halogens in my headlights and never looked back. It made such a difference!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm going to answer you both.
Mine are knockoffs, 9inchers 185watt/each.
They put out A LOT of light but that light doesn't go as far as my IPF968 set with 100watt bulbs. No led will go as far as halogen with a good mirror/lens profile.
I love the 968s due to their "dual" profile, wide and narrow. Perfect for high speed driving in dark country sides. I have hundreds of miles on the 968s.
I'll be putting the 968s back on in the spring, probably upping the bulbs from 100 to 130watt.

Mine did come w 100w bulbs.prolly gonna swap them soon,but even the 55s get so damn hot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jeep JK foot rest install

Will do. Should be pretty simple
Bought mine off of Amazon also. Install was really simple. You will need a ratchet, a 10mm socket and a light source. If I remember correctly I used a deep well socket.

There are 2 screw and 2 nuts that you have to remove (all have 10mm heads). Remove them and place the foot rest over the studs. Watch for any wiring and also watch the door "catch strap". Hand install the 2 nuts. Then hand install the 2 bolts. Once you have all 4 hand tight then go back over them and tighten with the ratchet. Don't overdo it, they don't need a lot of torque.

I installed mine as far back as it would go. Install time was under 10 minutes and that was getting everything together and putting the tools away.

Some of the units I looked at had reviews that mentioned having to elongate the mounting holes for fitment. Mine was fine as is and did not require any modifications.

It is a very useful add on and I think you will find yourself using without knowing it.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can someone tell me what the dead pedal is for? I have a manual..... I’m assuming it’s just a false pedal on the left?

Edit: Did some googling. Appears a popular option with a manual, but apparently they don’t fit in the manual jeeps.

Perhaps a passenger side one may be good to have

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can someone tell me what the dead pedal is for? I have a manual..... I’m assuming it’s just a false pedal on the left?

Edit: Did some googling. Appears a popular option with a manual, but apparently they don’t fit in the manual jeeps.

Perhaps a passenger side one may be good to have
Yes ma'am, the famous dead pedal is a pretty nifty $20 piece of steel bolted to the left side of the footwell. It's a great place to rest your foot, and awesome for longer trips. You don't even know you "need" it until you have it. It takes 10 min to install as it takes 4 bolts, and all of them go into pre-installed factory spots. It does take the spot of a clutch, so if you have a manual Jeep, it'd be wasted.

If you are nice to your passengers however, you can also install one on the passenger right side footwell.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got mine in this morning. I did have to slightly elongate a couple of the holes that mounted to the ground stud location. Tried it set at the middle spot then went with the farthest back location. So much better. Natural resting spot for my foot now. Love it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Got mine in this morning. I did have to slightly elongate a couple of the holes that mounted to the ground stud location. Tried it set at the middle spot then went with the farthest back location. So much better. Natural resting spot for my foot now. Love it!

I tried one of these but found that I couldn't reach the clutch pedal thereafter......:bop:

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
They are great!

I had to put one in my wife's auto as everytime I'd hop in hers I'd go to push the clutch it and my foot now has a place to go!

·
Registered
368 Posts
test

·
Registered
191 Posts
I tried one of these but found that I couldn't reach the clutch pedal thereafter......:bop:
I'll admit that I foolishly bought one of these off Amazon shortly after I got my Jeep, thinking that it would be a great place to rest my foot when it wasn't on the clutch.

So after I ordered it I went out to see where it would go and realized there was no room. Then I realized it was only for Automatic Jeeps and not for Manual, and felt like a complete dumbass.

Walked back inside, cancelled the order from Amazon 10 minutes after I'd made it, and found something else to get instead. So... still a happy end to the story.

5521 - 5540 of 5568 Posts