Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

5541 - 5560 of 5568 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll admit that I foolishly bought one of these off Amazon shortly after I got my Jeep, thinking that it would be a great place to rest my foot when it wasn't on the clutch.

So after I ordered it I went out to see where it would go and realized there was no room. Then I realized it was only for Automatic Jeeps and not for Manual, and felt like a complete dumbass.

Walked back inside, cancelled the order from Amazon 10 minutes after I'd made it, and found something else to get instead. So... still a happy end to the story.
Post what you found. Others, with manual transmissions, may be interested in your solution too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Post what you found. Others, with manual transmissions, may be interested in you solution too.
I mean that I found something like grab handles, or cargo hooks, I don't remember exactly what else I bought that day.

It wasn't something else to go on the floor to put my foot on. That area of my floorboard is still stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
today I purchased a flip style key shell off of eBay! I'm going to take the internals out of my key and put it in the shell and then ill have to get the key cut by a locksmith.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Adjustments.jpg the best cheap mod so far. LED footwell and console lights! Make a huge difference! I also put in lighted cup holders...not shown.

The footwell is are wired to the dome light circuit and the center is wired to switched power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
El-Cheapo Cargo Light
Harbor Freight freebie (with coupon) LED light works great to light up my rear cargo area. Hardtop required, with two 1/16 inch holes and screws for attachment.
Ha ha! I was going to do the same thing, but turns out our laundry room was in more need of a light than my Jeep was.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stubby (mid-length) bumper mod. Picked up a stock bumper from C-list for free in case it didn’t turn out well or wanted to swap back to full length. Went mid-length so I could keep running the air dam below it and would line up nicer then going complete stubby. Couple of hours and beers later - not too shabby. Have trim coming to put around cut edges for a cleaner look. Before and after shots.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Stubby (mid-length) bumper mod. Picked up a stock bumper from C-list for free in case it didn’t turn out well or wanted to swap back to full length. Went mid-length so I could keep running the air dam below it and would line up nicer then going complete stubby. Couple of hours and beers later - not too shabby. Have trim coming to put around cut edges for a cleaner look. Before and after shots.

Looks great! My JK came with stubby bumper kit and they cut it all the way to the bump up whre the hook is. that 3" or whatever in between the caps - it does look better fully cut IMO. I also have my air-dam on trimmed slightly I believe, but you could never tell. I'd be happy to take pictures for you if interested in how it looks and how they cut it.

Your's does look great! Nice job!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great! My JK came with stubby bumper kit and they cut it all the way to the bump up whre the hook is. that 3" or whatever in between the caps - it does look better fully cut IMO. I also have my air-dam on trimmed slightly I believe, but you could never tell. I'd be happy to take pictures for you if interested in how it looks and how they cut it.

Your's does look great! Nice job!
Yes please, Share away! Always interested in other setups. Didn’t realize all the videos I watched online had the air dam already off. Luckily didn’t cut off the first pop-screw of the dam on my first cut. That’s when I saw what needed to happen and decided to go mid-stubby. Really just being lazy and not wanting to mess with cutting it down at the time. Doesn’t mean I can’t always go back and re-engineer it with a few more cuts though!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Yes please, Share away! Always interested in other setups. Didn’t realize all the videos I watched online had the air dam already off. Luckily didn’t cut off the first pop-screw of the dam on my first cut. That’s when I saw what needed to happen and decided to go mid-stubby. Really just being lazy and not wanting to mess with cutting it down at the time. Doesn’t mean I can’t always go back and re-engineer it with a few more cuts though!

D0217EC7-9862-4C8B-A4BD-F4A7422A4E8B.jpeg
E9866CF7-1303-40C5-BACD-7E5E9224A337.jpeg
3B9823A1-7BFA-4AD8-8900-99178AFE66C3.jpeg

I bought it like this and until I winch up it looks good so I left it. I’d be happy to take more detailed pics of the removed shield next time I take it off or sooner if need be.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 4419116 View attachment 4419117 View attachment 4419118

I bought it like this and until I winch up it looks good so I left it. I’d be happy to take more detailed pics of the removed shield next time I take it off or sooner if need be.
Looks good! Those are VDP end caps the previous owner put on ($80-100). Made to fit perfect. My caps are the old ends of the stock bumper I cut off and hallowed out as a cheap mod. Just the same, both setups look good. Same boat - just playing around with the setup until I winch up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Extra cheap trunk organization for when top is off. No security but nothing flies out, some weather protection, can stack on top, 10 seconds to remove. I guess parking it with the top off requires some faith in humanity anyway. I always thought it would take some serious stones to take a 30" box out of a Jeep that wasn't yours. Commander 27 gallon black/yellow tote from Lowes - $11 each plus the bungees, fit like they were made for it.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Soft-top tip for these tough covid-19 times ...

Keep a roll of paper towels (that rip off 1/2 sheet perferations for max gains) directly above the drivers door by reaching up and placing it under the top, directly between a-pillar and b-pillar from the inside. Fits like a glove.

I can take pictures if it helps anyone...

Can even keep a few gloves up there for when the need to pump gas arrives.

This way, where ever you and your beloved Jeep go, you will have a nice clean paper towel (1/2 sheet for max efficiency) to open the next filthy door handle to wherever you are going. Now be sure to throw that paper towel away once said door is open.

Makes me want to hunt for a soft-top for our JKU.... just to keep a convenient roll of paper towels in there too.

Caution when opening sunrider/removing top..... results may vary.

Stay safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I fabricated a way to mount my flashlight to the drivers seat frame rail instead of it rolling around under the seat. It more conveniently located and easier to access now.
I started by making a cardboard template of the seat frame and floor contours. I already had some sheet aluminum so I marked up the aluminum using my template and cut it out. I also had some leftover black spray paint from another project so after drilling hole and test fitting I painted it black. I did have to buy a pair of Maglite D-cell flashlight mounts, I think they were $12.00 off of Amazon. Put the mounts on the plate and bolted it up in the Jeep.

Attachments

5541 - 5560 of 5568 Posts