Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

5661 - 5680 of 5704 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So the buttheads he passes just drain away in the mirror.
Actually in wet environments people have troubles with water slowly draining out of the mirrors and staining the doors.

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
332 Posts
Your visors can hold water too if you get caught out in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
JKU 2008 Sahara Sport Manual Softtop
11 Posts
Finally finished reading all 5666 posts - Love this topic as living in Australia, most Jeep aftermarket parts are expensive with the exchange rate and even more extortionate with shipping.

Mods to do!
  • Rear view mirror flipped - DONE
  • Rim Dipping
  • Homemade Bikini Top
  • Stealth garage door opener
  • Soft top window storage tube
  • Headliners - if I ever go back to a hardtop
  • USB Dashboard plug (direct to head unit for Carplay)
With kids, work and a farm, not sure when I will get time to do some of these - still have to rebuild the Fergie Tractor

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Finally finished reading all 5666 posts - Love this topic as living in Australia, most Jeep aftermarket parts are expensive with the exchange rate and even more extortionate with shipping.

Mods to do!
  • Rim Dipping
  • Homemade Bikini Top
With kids, work and a farm, not sure when I will get time to do some of these - still have to rebuild the Fergie Tractor
at least these will probably take less time to do than it took to read the 5666 posts.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Mods to do!
  • Rim Dipping
  • Homemade Bikini Top
Dang, I wish you'd listed post numbers. I've been following this thread for years and have read all the posts, but I'd love to be able to easily look back at what you liked, especially the soft top window storage tube. I'll have to go searching for that one.

·
Registered
JKU 2008 Sahara Sport Manual Softtop
11 Posts
've been following this thread for years and have read all the posts, but I'd love to be able to easily look back at what you liked, especially the soft top window storage tube. I'll have to go searching for tha
I wish I'd done that too now. Though I did copy and paste them into documents, so I could read them easier and print them out at a later date.

Apologies to the original posters of these great mods for not crediting them, I should have noted you down too.

I saved a few others like the Door SIll Protectors, in case my plastic ones drop off unexpectedly.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought my ‘09 wrangler in June of 2020.

i love it, but i almost burned my Jeep to the ground out of frustration yesterday.

i ordered new Power Stop breaks (caliper, rotor, and pads) and re-painted the calipers to get them the color i wanted. Was all set to change out the breaks yesterday, but spent 6 hours trying to get the lug nuts off the rear tires. I wound up destroying 4 of the OEM 2-part lug nuts, 2 cheap socket wrenches, and one 11/16 socket.

Made a trip to the hardware store, where i bought two different kinds of bolt extractors, a better breaker bar (craftsman) and a full set of McGard one-piece lug nuts.

Why am i posting in this thread? BUY YOURSELF A SET OF GOOD LUG NUTS! THE OEM LUGS ARE GARBAGE!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't know what the limitation is on "cheap" for this list, but I have a $100 mod that just made me happier than any other "small" mod I've done ever. I installed a set of hood lift pistons (Redline Tuning 21-20002-02 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS Bolt-in System V2) that I got off Amazon. There was no drilling needed like some of the other designs I saw when selecting these, and they installed in about 10 minutes total. On the fender end they attach under an existing bolt that you remove and put back in with a bracket. On the hood end the new bracket installs in an existing slot that is in the hood in a very clever way - a small metal bar is used inside that slot but you only remove one of the two screws and feed it into that slot while it dangles on the other, and then you tighten them both up and it's solid as a rock. The brackets on both ends have balls and the pistons have sockets on both ends, and once the brackets are in place the pistons snap right on.

Now when I open my hood I don't use the prop rod, I raise the front about 10" and let it go and it opens all the way by itself. Less than about 10" open it will stay lowered. Closing it isn't difficult at all either And if for some reason I need the hood opened all the way against the windshield these pistons disconnect with a lever at the fender end and they pop right off.

As with a lot of other mods this one wasn't critical, but the prop rod is no longer in the way when messing around under the hood. And there's just something so cool about watching that hood open.

IMG_1187.jpg IMG_1188.jpg IMG_1189.jpg IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1186.gif

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
332 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't know what the limitation is on "cheap" for this list, but I have a $100 mod that just made me happier than any other "small" mod I've done ever. I installed a set of hood lift pistons (Redline Tuning 21-20002-02 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS Bolt-in System V2) that I got off Amazon. There was no drilling needed like some of the other designs I saw when selecting these, and they installed in about 10 minutes total. On the fender end they attach under an existing bolt that you remove and put back in with a bracket. On the hood end the new bracket installs in an existing slot that is in the hood in a very clever way - a small metal bar is used inside that slot but you only remove one of the two screws and feed it into that slot while it dangles on the other, and then you tighten them both up and it's solid as a rock. The brackets on both ends have balls and the pistons have sockets on both ends, and once the brackets are in place the pistons snap right on.

Now when I open my hood I don't use the prop rod, I raise the front about 10" and let it go and it opens all the way by itself. Less than about 10" open it will stay lowered. Closing it isn't difficult at all either And if for some reason I need the hood opened all the way against the windshield these pistons disconnect with a lever at the fender end and they pop right off.

As with a lot of other mods this one wasn't critical, but the prop rod is no longer in the way when messing around under the hood. And there's just something so cool about watching that hood open.

View attachment 4487664 View attachment 4487665 View attachment 4487666 View attachment 4487667

View attachment 4487663

I like that there's no drilling. May have to look into these for mine.

Here's a link for those interested. LINK

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

View attachment 4487664 View attachment 4487665 View attachment 4487666 View attachment 4487667

View attachment 4487663
I read where people had problems with their hood moving forward because of the force of hood props when they are closed.
Have you seen any shift at the hinges??

·
Registered
406 Posts
I read where people had problems with their hood moving forward because of the force of hood props when they are closed.
Have you seen any shift at the hinges??
Not yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: bill61

·
Registered
2016 JK w/ Snowplow & Trailer Hitch 7-Pin
326 Posts
Is it a true modification to toss the spare tire cover aside?

I'm doing 5 tire rotations every 5,000 miles (takes about 8 weeks). So the cover was more annoyance than useful.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Is it a true modification to toss the spare tire cover aside?

I'm doing 5 tire rotations every 5,000 miles (takes about 8 weeks). So the cover was more annoyance than useful.
I also do 5-tire rotations every 5,000 miles. It was my wife's idea for a spare tire cover, so whenever it is tire rotation time I have her remove and reinstall the cover. She doesn't seem to mind doing it. If she does, I will offer to switch places and she can do the rotations. ;)

·
Registered
2016 JK w/ Snowplow & Trailer Hitch 7-Pin
326 Posts
Fortunatly SWMBO stays out of my shop as much as she possibly can:love:

If she ever insisted on a spare tire cover, I'd make the same deal as you two have. (y)

5661 - 5680 of 5704 Posts