Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

5681 - 5700 of 5704 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Added Stick On Halos - 2013 JKU - Thought I'd share my latest project. I really wanted daytime driving lights, and the headlights or park lights dim the dash and radio/navigation too much in the daytime to just use them. I got the Oracle stick-on halos for just under $200. Easy install, and I routed them to the rear seat heater slot in the fuse box, which comes on with the ignition. My first impression was too bright, and too blue, but I'm getting used to it. I added a switch on the dash so I can turn them off. I'm wondering if I should have gotten the full color with the controller so I could match the color better to my headlight color, and tone them down just a little bit. As far as the stick on part, they stick to the mounting ring and have held up. We've had snow on and off for the past month (since installed), and no issues at all with them coming off. I might do another post with more details on the installation.

·
Premium Member
2018JKU in Rhino (best color ever)
332 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
lol I’m honestly not sure if you’re trolling me.

To clarify I did not ask about the jerrycan I asked about the propane tank.

I was not sure if you were using a water heater expansion bottle as your propane tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
lol I’m honestly not sure if you’re trolling me.

To clarify I did not ask about the jerrycan I asked about the propane tank.

I was not sure if you were using a water heater expansion bottle as your propane tank

That is a propane tank. He is using an expansion tank strap to hold the propane tank in the Jerry can.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
That is a propane tank. He is using an expansion tank strap to hold the propane tank in the Jerry can.
Thank you that makes so much more sense.

The link was broken for me when I had tried it

·
Registered
159 Posts
That Jerry can mod is pretty awesome, given you have a mount for the Jerry can on your Jeep. Not jeep specific, but a milk crate is the perfect size to drop a standard propane tank into, to keep it from rolling about. Works great in the back of a pick up to keep them from rolling.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts

Posted this in the “what I did today” thread also.

Made these headliners out of insulation foam and fabric and Velcro’d them to the top.

Cost about $20.

Most expensive part has been the heavy duty Velcro.

·
Registered
2010 JK
355 Posts

Posted this in the “what I did today” thread also.

Made these headliners out of insulation foam and fabric and Velcro’d them to the top.

Cost about $20.

Most expensive part has been the heavy duty Velcro.

Jeep Wrangler GTI?

Reactions: bill61

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Jeep Wrangler GTI?
Ha.

I’m a sucker for plaid. Blame it on my Irish roots.

I wanted some light colored fabric that wasn’t a solid... the plaid flannel was on sale at Walmart so it won.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Write up on how I did the headliners.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am sure already on here but had my shifter bezel #2 start seperating so I threw some button head cap screws on after drilling it out and replaced the shift lever while I was at it (that part was not cheap but was an ebay special/discounted).

So cheap I have enough screws/washers/nuts leftover to do another 5 bezels-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not exactly a mod, but I made some lightweight quick tie down straps. More often than I would've thought I have cargo in the back that I don't want sliding/rolling around. What really pushed me over the edge was when I had an empty axle housing in back and driving around a corner it rolled and scratched the paint on the inside of the tailgate. I don't need any big heavy duty ratchet straps, so I got a couple of red carbineers (important to match the exterior color!) and two cam cleat/carabiner combos. If the plastic ones break, I'll upgrade to the aluminum ones.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hi all. Back with another cheap mod.

The wheel well area in the cargo area has bugged me so a couple of months ago I made a cheap little bracket that just fits in the bolts that hold my hard top and used it as a tie off for a backpack. It’s worked perfectly.

Another benefit, I camp in my jeep withthe seats down. This provides a ledge to park phone, flashlight, etc.

I got the bug to make another one for the other side and thought I’d document it for you fine folks.

First a pic of the finished result. I’ve crammed an old backpack with my junk and just tied it off in place.

This is $10 in parts from Home Depot.

• punched angle 18 gauge 48” long
  • spray paint

Tools

• angle grinder (still using the same one I got at harbor freight for $18 about 15 years ago)
  • file
  • hacksaw

I measured where the holes needed to be, cut out slots and dry fit it.

Next up, bust out my professional spray booth (pssst it’s a cardboard box) and hit it with some etching primer. You can skip the primer but I had it on hand and it works well.

Then a couple of coats of some enamel.

You can see it got a little beat up at one point because my son wanted a sword…

So now I remove the hard top bolts, put in place and tighten it down.

A couple of dollar store carabiners are optional.

And you’re done.

Enjoy your newfound organization.

5681 - 5700 of 5704 Posts