Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
5701 - 5720 of 5741 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Jeep JK Sport, 2.8 CRD Manual
24 Posts
Wrapped the door sills with some 3M Gravel resistant film I had laying around, saved a lot of money, looks and works just fine

Reactions: Dtcliffo

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
1) Open center console

2) Use a 2 1/2” Diamond non-arbored hole saw.

3) drill down through the middle of the center console’s bottom, stopping after you get through the tub.

That’s it...... all your loose change will forever fall out of your jeep..... has proven to be the cheapest mod I’ve found so far.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
That Jerry can mod is pretty awesome, given you have a mount for the Jerry can on your Jeep. Not jeep specific, but a milk crate is the perfect size to drop a standard propane tank into, to keep it from rolling about. Works great in the back of a pick up to keep them from rolling.
Now this is a tip!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
These round mirrors hook and looped to your vents for when you have doors off. They work great in addition to the exterior side mirrors. In fact I use them more. Store them in glove box as needed. Look at them in the pic. Clear as a bell, zero vibration. Not my idea, been done for years.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Two inch wide roll of hook and loop so you can make these to hold the rear window. Holds rolled window tightly, no bouncing. Simply cut a long piece and slide it between the bow and soft top in the area where the original bungie’s snap ring is, and leave them there forever. I have never removed my rear window when I lower the top This ensures it sits in the sweet spot and stays damage free. Just make sure the soft loop side contacts the window, not the rough hook side.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got tired of the interior of my Baby. Decided she needed some color. (Seriously, all black and gray - just bleh.) Searched and searched for something to brighten her up but nothing stood out to me. Then, I thought - color match!

Ordered some paint from Quadratec that matches the body color of my 2013 and went to town. Not necessarily cheap for spray paint, but I really dig the look now!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Also installed new seat covers to the front to hide those nasty, faded, dirty, purple colored black cloth seats. Feels like they did when they were brand new!

Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
644 Posts
Got tired of the interior of my Baby. Decided she needed some color. (Seriously, all black and gray - just bleh.) Searched and searched for something to brighten her up but nothing stood out to me. Then, I thought - color match!

Ordered some paint from Quadratec that matches the body color of my 2013 and went to town. Not necessarily cheap for spray paint, but I really dig the look now!

View attachment 4515882

View attachment 4515883

Also installed new seat covers to the front to hide those nasty, faded, dirty, purple colored black cloth seats. Feels like they did when they were brand new!

View attachment 4515884
What head unit is that? Review?

·
Registered
476 Posts
What head unit is that? Review?
It's the Seicane head unit.

Seicane for JK 2013 Wrangler

For me, it does exactly what I want it to do. I had just the basic head unit without touch screen, navigation, etc. There's like a hundred and seventy page thread on it in this forum, actually, and I read dang near every page of it before I decided to buy it. The one I bought is this one:

The long and the short of it is that I wanted a touch screen that could get radio (preferably SiriusXM, but local stations would work), have GPS navigation capabilities, back up camera capable and bluetooth to take phone calls, etc. This unit does all that I want, and then has more - internet capable, can get apps from the Google Play store, etc. The best thing was that it was basically plug and play. Despite a bit of an issue with the back up camera, and getting some help from the good folks here, I got it set up and it works great, it was basically about an hour and a half set up for me taking my time. It also has three USB ports that I ran into my glove box, one of which I plugged a jump drive with music on it. The head unit recognized it right away and I can listen to it instead of the stereo if I want.

I had previously set up a mini iPad 3 to be my head unit which required me to drill some holes in my dash around the original head unit, so this unit coming with a new dash was a huge plus. The dash piece around the head unit didn't fit perfectly but I was able to modify it (basically breaking some tabs off) and it fits well enough now. It looks close enough to factory that people don't know unless they really look closely at it.

As far as sound, I'm not a big audio person - I still have the factory speakers which are crap and no subwoofer, let alone the alpine system that was an option, but I might change that soon. However it does seem to sound pretty good with what I do have available. It has a built in equalizer which I was able to play around with and set up to get a decent quality sound from. I can download the SiriusXM app and use it as well, but it does need to be connected to my phone's hotspot or bluetooth.

That's the only downside that I personally see - this unit isn't SiriusXM ready. If it were, I would give this 11 stars out of 10. But, in reading the long thread about this head unit in this forum, a lot of people returned it for a few different reasons, which I don't seem to have a problem with personally. If you aren't really picky, or don't need a unit that will thump your neighbors out of their homes and won't be heard halfway across town, then I think this unit is a good middle of the road option!

·
Registered
211 Posts
When you say minor trimming, can you explain? I would love to do this mod soon but wanted didn't want to drill.
There are 2 ways to accomplish this mod. The first is to drill out the latch mounting holes in the hood to 3/8”. Honestly, this is a very subtle change. The other is to trim away the tabs on the back of the latches that interface with the hood to keep the latches in place. I drilled out the holes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are 2 ways to accomplish this mod. The first is to drill out the latch mounting holes in the hood to 3/8”. Honestly, this is a very subtle change. The other is to trim away the tabs on the back of the latches that interface with the hood to keep the latches in place. I drilled out the holes.
Ok thanks for the prompt response. Going to order them now!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did mine about a year or so ago and drilled to make the holes larger, then used touch up paint to prevent rust. Using a drill to make the holes larger. According to another post somewhere in this thread, making the holes slightly larger allows for adjustment of the hood to make the gaps between the hood and fenders even, and the trim method didn't allow for any adjustment. Glad I drilled, because I needed to be able to make adjustments to get the gaps even. Once you put the latches on you'll never know the distance.

·
Registered
83 Posts

View attachment 4515884
Nice. Where did you get the covers? I've been looking for something, need some more options.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice. Where did you get the covers? I've been looking for something, need some more options.
I got them off eBay from Iggee. I've seen them on Amazon as well, and they have their own website also. Only thing I didn't like is because I have a 2 door, I had to pay for the front seats first, then email them and talk to them about getting the rear seat for the exact same price. They do have 4 door full sets, just not 2 door full sets.

That having been said, I really do like them a lot!

Reactions: JerryD

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 4515882

View attachment 4515883

View attachment 4515884
What stereo is that? Aftermarket android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts

Foot peg with threaded rod and a scrap piece of wood. Kinda rough but I had it in my mind and just wanted to see if it would work. Thought a broom handle might look less bulky

5701 - 5720 of 5741 Posts