Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5571 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
drill mirrors
tuck the seat belts behind the trim piece to keep it from flapping when the top and doors are off (only works in the 2dr)
side marker mod
hmm, have to think of some of the other things I've done

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
thanks for the tips

re: "the emergency exit is UNSAFE for children-" understand.....however, all my children are getting way older than I ever thought I'd live to be in the first place....but I'll figure it out.....

What a hobby!!!

I actually DID a no-cost mod myself today....the 'STIFFLE the dern seat-belt chime"....didn't work quite like the book said....but it DID produce results.

Also....the security key works from farther away now it has a fresh battery....

thanks Jeepsters!!!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Besides the virtual 'screen-door' type holder, here's another design:

Does anyone use this or have some kind of experience/comment/dire warning?

Frankly, I'm surprised JIMBO would link to products selling for upwards of $50 in this thread for the spending-crazed mod addicts...

I saw a number of variations of the screen door type, ranging from $35-64 plus shipping. There's gotta be a better deal.

I got the dealer print-out part manual for the 10-11 tail gate mechanism, and it doesn't seem like there's any external parts. I'm hoping to find a way to add some little trick internally when I have the [uhmmmm] 'other' tail gate mod in process.....

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Heh Heh, cheap??, if you think I'm going to high-

Frankly, I'm surprised JIMBO would link to products selling for upwards of $50 in this thread for the spending-crazed mod addicts...

I saw a number of variations of the screen door type, ranging from $35-64 plus shipping. There's gotta be a better deal.

I got the dealer print-out part manual for the 10-11 tail gate mechanism, and it doesn't seem like there's any external parts. I'm hoping to find a way to add some little trick internally when I have the [uhmmmm] 'other' tail gate mod in process.....
Howabout this

RC steel spacer lift ie: 2.5" spacers (2) and 2" spacers (2)--$99 bucks

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
24 Posts
recessed rear bumper lights..about $50 for the stuff and diy...love the new smileys...:dance:

With a little help from Krutj, I found a parts kit online for this mod and it is indeed cheap! It's only about $25 after shipping! All I've got to do now is get over my fear of making giant holes in things! haha

Truck-Lite Model 40 Light, Grommet Kit 12v, Clear 40004 ($8.58)
Truck-Lite 40004 Model 40 Kit at Class8TruckParts.com

-Tony

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Upside down mirror works great on my 2011. I like cheap!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
seadog: thanks for the tip: here's my version:

total cost: a few minutes looking for a scrap of wood and a couple wacks with the axe and ~voila~
Think I'm starting to get the idea here....

·
Registered
12 Posts

I had one on my '04. It takes a 1/2" hole in the tailgate which is awfully big, and the bar kind of bends out to form an angle instead of being straight with the holder. Didn't hold up very well, won't put it on my new one.

·
Registered
323 Posts
small blue carabiner clips - .99 ea

Grommet kit - $4.88 walmart camping section

5x5 beach towel i had that just so happens to compliment the color of my jeep.

Just Doubled up the towel and placed grommet at each corner at the top for clipping around the headrest. Grommet on each side to run a bungee under seat to keep towel in place when getting in or out. Hard to find inexpensive seat covers for jk let alone something that isn't neoprene. These serve dual purpose at the lake, beach, etc and can easily be tossesed in the washer (i'm notorious for dribbling coffee in the wee hours). Lol! Quadratech sells the same thing for $30 ea. Almost endless choices of beach towels out there. :D

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Chub said:
Was thinking about doing this. Two questions.

1. Is this functional or just cosmetic?
2. Can it be done without taking the grill off?
1. It helps keep leaves and debris out of the space behind the grille, and in that sense it's functional.

2. Maybe, but it's be a lot harder. Taking the grille off a JK is incredibly easy.

41 - 60 of 5571 Posts