Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2001 wrangler today, traded a 02 lancer for it. So stoked. Im looking to really turn this thing into a monster but its stock right now... Any suggestions for some basic parts to get me started?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Is that a loaded question?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
How about a pic? Well first off I would ditch the milk jugs (rubber ends on the bumper). Depending on the rims you could try painting them black. A 2 inch BB (budget boost. Basically just a lift that uses spacers that go on the springs to give you hight.) just remember to get the front aligned if you do lift it a little. On a side note, once you start lifting her high, you have to start doing work to the drivetrain, control arms, track bars, sway bars, shocks, etc. But if you just buy a small spacer lift, you can get away with doing a lot less. Maybe get some shocks, and make sure you're bump stops work and an alignment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
lift,tires,skid plates, recovery points, etc etc the list goes on and on till your out of money $$$:facepalm::eek:

·
Registered
851 Posts
sjones26573 said:
Research to determine what you need. There are countless builds and forums out there to show what works and what doesn't.
What you need. That's the key to everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Exactly what i did to my 2001

(Stock) New Shocks 1 inch spring spacers and new rubicon springs bumped me up at least 4" and i got new heavy duty front and back bumper it looks sick, i get compliments and besides that it is stock. Yellow 2001 Jeep W.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@srwatersh20 if yours is a se then we have the same one because i have a yellow 2001 wrangler se. What you did sounds pretty good so if i get spacers that will lift it an inch or two without paying thousands?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts