Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know. U get what u pay for. Rock hard and Evo seem to be very popular. Does anyone have experience with cheaper options. I may off road a handful of times a year. When I do go I will get in the rocks. I just want some extra protection. I have tereflex spacers which make it a more difficult choice. I almost pulled trigger on Evo but wasent convinced they would work w spacers. If I have to I will just suck it up and buy rock hard

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how to fix title. I can figure out how to edit the body but not the title. Obviously should have said "for" not "gor"

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Do you want cheap or do you want good? Remember, it's a $30k+ machine. I went with Rock Hard after seeing all the dings on my undercarriage.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The problem with the M.O.R.E. TC skid is it designed to fill in the gap left by the stock skid; so it works with the stock TC skid. For like $30 bucks more you can get a rock hard and do away with the stock.

Check out skid row TC skid. Less than $200. MORE engine/trans. is a pretty good deal at less than $300.

Rubicon Express has some lower priced stuff. Not sure about the quality. Lots of oil pan only skids in the $100 range. Not sure what you do about the trans. in that case though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I researched this a ton recently and decided on the evo kit for myself with a rough country gas tank skid. Literally 20ish hours of searching and reading and never did I see a bad review about The evo kit, and I saw many good ones, most also complimented their customer service which is a big deal for me.

What I found out about the others.. They are all pretty much the same quality wise.. Across the board, with the exception of river raider.. Do some searching and you'll find some pictures of some of those badly beat up past repair. Obviously the synergy kit is the best, but you pay more.. Bottom line is they are all metal, the difference is design and if you want aluminum or not.

Depends on how you want to go about it.. Yes it is a 20k + machine, but that doesn't mean you need the most expensive product when another works just as good. I decided on spending less on a great quality product and saving that other 500$ for something else.. Your call.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just ordered the R/E set from amazon, should be fine for what I do with the Jeep.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the great insight. In the end I sucked it up and got a rock hard skid. Mostly because I'm sure it works with exhaust spacer. I was going to get Evo but couldn't confirm I could get it to work with spacers. Hopefully this thread helps others. That r/e seems like a great deal. I looked for the e auto grill skids but they must not sell them anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts