Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been doing some cosmetic things to my Jeep and I was wondering if you know any free or cheap things. New shift knobs, synthetic oil, dash board hula girls? What kind of cheap or free things can you do?:D

·
Registered
718 Posts
theres several threads on this...but I havnt seen them in a while. Flipping the rearview mirror, removing bumper ends, lining the tub...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Make your own quick disconnects...All you need is:
2 - 7/16" x 2 1/2" clevis pins
2 - Cotter pins
4 - 7/16" Grade 5 or better washers
T-55 Torx bit and 3/4 wrench

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
cheapest Jeep mod I can think of is to have a spare key to your best friends Jeep ;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
cut the exhaust. lol =P jk

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
If you like the outdoors, I would suggest getting a rock knob shifter(if your jeep is a stick). I've had mine for a few months now and love it. If your not a fan of the actual rock shift knobs, they have many others to choose from. Just adds a little more "you" to your jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
hi beams with fog lights, taking off side steps, painting flares.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Getting as much gear inside ur jeep from stuff u already have ex small shovel strap knife hammer pliers wrench flash light .... What ever tools for ur purpose!!! Oh n extra boots or shoes for the mud;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Getting as much gear inside ur jeep from stuff u already have ex small shovel strap knife hammer pliers wrench flash light .... What ever tools for ur purpose!!! Oh n extra boots or shoes for the mud;)
haha I made a thread about this in the open forum section.

going shopping tomorrow. hahaha

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Removing the milk jugs like he said up there
AND paint your headlight bezels (the chrome-looking plastic rings)
The bezels and the jugs were my first two mods. HUGE improvement in appearance, and all it costs is a little time & a can of spraypaint.( if you don't already have some black paint.)

If you plan to off-road much the shovel is a must-have! (and an axe, if you wheel in the woods).
And if you plan to wheel in the mud, I second the "spare shoes".:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But I did just take off the front milk jugs. I don't think I'll paint the headlight ring because I like the black with chrome idea

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you can run a grinder and drill you can make your own rocker panel guards out of 1/8 or 1/4" sheet metal. Go to you local machine shop and they will ussually sell end cuts cheap. I was able to get two pieces cut to go from the bottom of the tub to the bottom of the door for 20 bucks. I cut the ends to match the pocket flares and attached them to the tub with counter sunk bolts. I painted them with spray can bedliner so they would match the texture on my smittybuilt rock sliders. I paid a total of 30 bucks and 3 hours labor

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah thats what I'm thinking. After I do some fender rust repair/replace I'm think diamond plate armor and fender tops

1 - 20 of 29 Posts