Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a cheap TPMS sensor? A ton listed on eBay but mixed reviews. Looking for one that will definitely work.

·
Registered
363 Posts
what is considered cheap? i bought some used rims with tpms still inside and they were about $30 each

looking on ebay guess they are cheaper than i imagined. at least i have lots of spares now

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can anyone recommend a cheap TPMS sensor? A ton listed on eBay but mixed reviews. Looking for one that will definitely work.
None! Unless it is for your wife to haul the family in, no need for them. Buy a good quality tire pressure guage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought about that. Hate the blinking light though. Will be doing gears and tires soon, can I cut the light with a flash.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thought about that. Hate the blinking light though. Will be doing gears and tires soon, can I cut the light with a flash.
My light only blinks once, next ignition cycle it goes out. My winter wheels do not have tpms sensors.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think the newer Wranglers have a more aggressive TPMS system. I know that mine will flash and beep forever if the TPMS sensors go bad.

I've been running these for a few months now and generally happy with them. Had one fail out of the box, but they replaced it free.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/92606_9803_14.htm

Thats about as cheap as I'd want to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't go cheap unless you live in a stable climate. The cheap ones on ebay or Amazon have poor temperature compensation and their reading will vary when the temperature drops overnight. I bought the cheap ones from ebay(advertised as OEM) when I bought new wheels and lived with them four years setting off the warning every few days. Replaced them with Schraders when I bought new tires and they have been rock steady now for months.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Might check for some cheap take offs someone local has for sale. Once you get the sensors, resell the wheels and tires again..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Are the valve stems screwed in or pulled through on the JKs? Have to be screwed in to be able to re-use them from original rims, right? Isn't the sensor permanently connected to the valve?

Here is a set of 5 Mopar TPMS sensors on Amazon for near the price of that 1 on Q-tec:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NH2W1DV/

Thinking about going this route, just for new batteries.

Reactions: SecondTJ

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Are the valve stems screwed in or pulled through on the JKs? Have to be screwed in to be able to re-use them from original rims, right? Isn't the sensor permanently connected to the valve?

Here is a set of 5 Mopar TPMS sensors on Amazon for near the price of that 1 on Q-tec:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NH2W1DV/

Thinking about going this route, just for new batteries.
I have ordered these 2X over the last 6 or 7 years and they worked great each time.

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Don't go cheap unless you live in a stable climate. The cheap ones on ebay or Amazon have poor temperature compensation and their reading will vary when the temperature drops overnight. I bought the cheap ones from ebay(advertised as OEM) when I bought new wheels and lived with them four years setting off the warning every few days. Replaced them with Schraders when I bought new tires and they have been rock steady now for months.
I live in Montana and we have from minus 30F to 105F The ones I got from Amazon were identical to the oem ones and both made in the UK. I called Schrader to see if they were counterfeit and they it was possible but if they looked the same and had the same exact markings they were probably good. Schrader told me they supply many places with sensors.
Schrader was good about answering the phone. tel:+1.800.288.1804 schradersensors.com

Reactions: CTarna

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Too Late. Ordered a cheap set off of eBay. Will report on how they do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update. Had my tires mounted today. Discount said that the TPMS sensors would not register. Had them install them anyway, figured that instead of cheap sensors I got expensive rubber valves.

Got the tires and wheels home. Mounted them on the Jeep and they all work just fine.
$44 for 5 sensors. We will see how they hold up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-OEM-68241067A-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-SENSORS-433MHz-for-CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE/223564921514?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have ordered these 2X over the last 6 or 7 years and they worked great each time.

Mine are going in tomorrow.
Just making sure, with our Jeeps, there is no programming required, right?
Just put them in, and drive until the vehicle recognizes the signal...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No programming. But you might have to be patient waiting for them to pick up. One of mine took twenty miles or so while the others almost immediately.

Reactions: CTarna
1 - 19 of 19 Posts