Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a budget and i was wondering what can i put on my TJ that would make the most difference for less than $100? Doesn't matter if it improves offroad capability, power, gas mileage, inside, outside, I'm lookin for any suggestions

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Swaybar disconnects. Make them or buy them. :thumb:

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are all good suggestions, I've been leaning toward a throttle body spacer. Does anybody know what kind of performance those add, I'm running the 4.0

·
Registered
647 Posts
These are all good suggestions, I've been leaning toward a throttle body spacer. Does anybody know what kind of performance those add, I'm running the 4.0
I've heard that a throttle body spacer doesn't do really anything for non carb engines. In my opinion I don't think it would be worth it

·
Registered
441 Posts

wit the 4.0 you wont notice any performance gains short of forced induction... its a fairly well designed enigine with a fairly free flowing intake and the exaust isn't terribly restrictice either

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could just clean your throttle body. Just cleaned mine for the first time and noticed a big difference in rpm gain. But i do have a 99 and with how dirty it was I think this was the first time it was ever cleaned out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but I'm good with my hands. I would be interested in what it takes to clean a throttle body, or heck what to look for to see if it needs cleaned, I have a 97' and it idles a little rough and about 750 rpm, but it seem to run great.. Aprox 12 mpg.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but I'm good with my hands. I would be interested in what it takes to clean a throttle body, or heck what to look for to see if it needs cleaned, I have a 97' and it idles a little rough and about 750 rpm, but it seem to run great.. Aprox 12 mpg.
It's super easy. Four bolts throttle body cleaner and a few electrical plugs to undo. There's a thread on here for it. If I can find it ill post it up for you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bedliner the whole jeep. Inside and out. Leave a little clear spot on the windshield about 12" in diameter so you can see where you are going.

hahaha just kidding. It wouldn't be safe. You would have to leave the side windows clear too.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
For a little more than $60, I bought my 1" Daystar body lift off of Craigslist.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bedliner the whole jeep. Inside and out. Leave a little clear spot on the windshield about 12" in diameter so you can see where you are going.

hahaha just kidding. It wouldn't be safe. You would have to leave the side windows clear too.
Have you bedlined your exterior?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok I pulled the throttle body off, man it was dirty.. Seems to run a lot better now, and idles smoother too.. Thanks for the tips guys..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts