Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new soft top with upper doors. I have to carry my doors with me daily because of my work. The old ones got scratched up bad in just one summer of being carried in the back of the jeep.

Any cheap, homemade ideas?
Alternative products used that are cheaper than the $144 bag?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just bought a new soft top with upper doors. I have to carry my doors with me daily because of my work. The old ones got scratched up bad in just one summer of being carried in the back of the jeep.

I'd imagine you could use an old blanket, sheet or better a Harbor Freight moving blanket. Lay the blanket down, door on it, blanket over, next door, blanket over then wrap a ROK strap or two around them. When you put the doors on you can put the blanket under your back seat.

I guess.. Just a thought if I had to do it. Every day? Dunno. Sounds like a pain but imagine you'd get quick at it and probably think of something better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Are you talking about carrying the half doors or the uppers?

·
Super Moderator
10,472 Posts
For cheap, the Harbor Freight moving blanket that SonnyS suggests is on sale for $3.99.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Unless you take the time to get them perfectly clean EVERY time you wrap them, anything you put on em will add to the scratches....

I would just wedge em upside down behind the back seat and replace em every couple years....

$100 every 2 years breaks down to $1/week for always having nice fresh soft clear windows....

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Blanket suggestion is about the best for protection, I would see if you could create kind of an envelop (sew them together on 3 sides) out of them that way they stay covered. Something similar to the JK Hard top panel covers. Also there is some Plastic Polish that you can use with a buffer that does a good job of removing scratches. Do it carefully and regularly and you can add longevity to their life.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts

Not sure about the $144 bag, but this $65 one has worked perfect for me for a couple years:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11089_02_07.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts