Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not looking to spend a whole lot i just need something with a hitch mount for a rack and or a bike rack in the summer. I do plan to build a tire carrier off of it though so it doesnt need it as i will build it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think the smittybuilt tube rear bumper with a receiver is pretty cheap. i am not quite sure how a tire rack would work off it tho.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
i have the LOD off-road extreme rear bumper with integrated hitch and d ring tabs. its a nice bumper they also make it with a tire carrier. for under $200 i like it.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I think I paid around $125 for my front Pro-Comp bumper...shipped. Rear was the same price at the time. Keep an eye on the specials at Quadratec and 4wd.com...they usually have some good ones around this time of year, for bumpers, keep on the look out for free shipping as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one of the pro comp rock crawler rear bumpers, cheapest I could find at the time. It has the hitch receiver, not rated for towing, and the D-ring mounts. The paperwork that came with the bumper stated that the D-ring mounts were "ornamental only" and not rated for pulling anything (even though it came with 3/4" D-rings). The bumper is pretty well made and the receiver seems fairly strong (I pull my small trash trailer with it with no problems). The D-ring mounts are not welded through the bumper, which is made of 3/16" steel, so I don't trust them too much. I did purchase a frame tie-in kit which gave me a little better warm fuzzy when using the receiver hitch. For what it's worth, I did hook up to my 1 ton ford with one of the D-ring mounts and drag it around yard with the brakes locked (sliding all 4 wheels) but I'm still not too sure if I trust them for recovery use though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts