Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
HomeDepot.com, search tarp. :D

In all seriousness, a soft top isnt something you want to skimp on.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
X2, a cheap soft top isn't worth the $$$. They are noisy, don't fit well, and they tear easily. Not to mention they come from China, not where I want to send my $$$. Personally, I will only use Bestop tops.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Both my dad and I have the most expensive besttop tops, but the quality is unmatched by any competitor.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You could always buy used, but you get what you pay for.

Bestop is by far the highest quality, and will last the longest. In my opinion, it's worth the investment.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Rampage bowless soft top. Check around for prices. You'll need a header, tailgate bar and door surrounds....

·
Registered
315 Posts
You could always buy used, but you get what you pay for.

Bestop is by far the highest quality, and will last the longest. In my opinion, it's worth the investment.
Ditto!

I've got my stock soft top on for the winter because I didn't want my bestop trektop to get stained/ruined this winter but as soon as the ohio weather turns nice this spring the bestop is going back on!

·
Registered
772 Posts
depends on how fast you need it. took me a month(2 weeks looking and 2 weeks for deal) but i got a factory sunrider, new in the box complete w/all hardware for $350 off of creigs list. at the same time there were 3 or 4 in the area listed(4 major cities close to me-mine within 50 mi) was also looking on amazon and they had new ones for $50-$100 more, some came complete, some needed hardware. don't know what you have/need. but make sure you do or you could end up spending alot more than planned

·
Registered
313 Posts
softopper frameless. Took about a week and a half to receive mine but, that's only because UPS doesn't know how to read an address. All windows are removable and can be stored right in the top itself. Comes with ALL hardware including the windshield header. Made of sailcloth so it's pretty quiet. I have one on my LJ and love it. A complete replacement set of windows is only $150 if you decide to change your tint level also. Easy install and doubles as a bikini top when the windows are out. I have to update my Avitar pic to show the new top.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's all about timing. I just bought a new in the box Bestop Supertop for $150 on ebay.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Check the vendor section. The best price you're going to get anywhere on a top right now. I'm running one of the ones we're selling and will respectfully disagree with Jerry's statement. It's quiet, fits great and I like the added features they add to it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Whatever you do, buy a Bestop or an OEM top.

I have a Pavement Ends top (one of the "cheap" tops) and it is complete crap. For $100 more, I could've had a Bestop and been 100% more satisfied.

I found a brand new, in plastic 06 OEM Sunrider top with tinted windows and all hardware for $400 on CL a couple years ago for my other TJ. That's the way to go if you can find one.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I thought Pavement ends was made by bestop??

maybe i'm wrong..it's been known to happen :D

Rampage bowless soft top. Check around for prices. You'll need a header, tailgate bar and door surrounds....
What i have...and so far i'm loving it. it'll use factory door surrounds and tailgate bar. If you have those, like i did, you'll only need the windshield header:D

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Yes Pavement Ends is made by Besttop but according to Goeff, it indeed is thinner material

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
I thought Pavement ends was made by bestop??
Bestop owns Pavement Ends but Bestop doesn't actually make the Pavement Ends line of tops. Pavement Ends tops are made in China and Bestop imports them to compete with the other low-end tops like Smittybilt sells.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I also have a Rampage bowless top, and if you're looking to go that way there are pros and cons to a frameless system - the biggest con being that it doesn't fold down. I'm absolutely sold on the top. I get compliments all the time on it and it is definitely a lot quieter than my old soft top. But it takes longer to install and then longer to take down then the framed soft top.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bestop... I got a new one this year from Quadratec. $595-ish, but well worth the price.

Like others said... don't skimp. You'll pay for it later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a Bestop Trektop less than a month after I bought my jeep so I didn't have to mess with the hardtop during the summer and it's worth every penny. Hunt around for a good deal and then jump on it. You won't regret it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts