Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for the cheapest way to put my mirrors on without doors. I found a deal on craigslist for 80$ for two mirrors. I was thinking that sounded pretty good or I could do the relocate thing. Which would be the better deal?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I think that it was in the "cheap mods" thread that I saw where somebody had taken a pair of those round convex mirrors and stuck them to the A/C vents with double sided tape.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I appreciate the responds but I'm not that cheap. Would relocation brackets be better than buying the mirrors for 80?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Unless the great state of TN requires the extra mirrors outside of your rearview, or you just feel safer with them, I wouldn't worry about it. At most, one Harley mirror for the driver's side, & call it a day.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well, I guess that's a matter of personal preference. If it were me and I was deciding between those two options only, I would go with the relocation kit.

It eliminates the possibility of the dreaded "door got away from me and dented the cowl" mod, and you also don't have to mess around with installing mirrors every time you yank the doors off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless the great state of TN requires the extra mirrors outside of your rearview, or you just feel safer with them, I wouldn't worry about it. At most, one Harley mirror for the driver's side, & call it a day.
Ah I thought all 50 states had the "rear view mirror and driver side mirror" thing, I will do my homework on it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I guess that's a matter of personal preference. If it were me and I was deciding between those two options only, I would go with the relocation kit.

It eliminates the possibility of the dreaded "door got away from me and dented the cowl" mod, and you also don't have to mess around with installing mirrors every time you yank the doors off.
Seems wise, I'll check prices and get with it. Thanks for replying :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought brackets from eBay for $25 for the pair and moved them permenantly. Easy and cheap

·
Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
273 Posts
I used some I ordered from ebay. Cost me about $25 and 15 minutes. They mount using the torx screws on the lower side of the window hinge. Great investment since I can go door-less whenever I want to without swapping mirrors. The only issue is, when I have the soft uppers on the passenger side is useless.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My safari mirrors cost like 35 bucks. They go into the top hinges of the door.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I used some I ordered from ebay. Cost me about $25 and 15 minutes. They mount using the torx screws on the lower side of the window hinge. Great investment since I can go door-less whenever I want to without swapping mirrors. The only issue is, when I have the soft uppers on the passenger side is useless.
Same issue with the passenger side but you'll get used to it. I think the brackets are worth it. I put them on in April through like October and then I switch back to the normal mirror brackets for the winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts