Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started up the Jeep this morning and noticed about half way through the cold start the Check Engine light came on and stayed on. Then as I drove of to run a few errands I noticed the "ECO" light under the Temp on my 2012 was not coming on. I know it's under warranty and the dealer can check it out but it's Sunday and this is my day for football, not dealer BS.

Has anyone else had this happen? I haven't done any engine mods. The only "under hood" items are my SPod and I have a Dynomax muffler in place of the stock resonator under the driver's seat with the stock muffler removed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cycle the key 3 times without starting the engine and leave it on the last time. The code should appear in the odometer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the ECO light wont come on until the check engine light clears. check the codes and reset them. check that the codes don't come back. if they dont, the CEL will go away on it's own after a few cycles of starting and shutting off the engine and driving around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have the same problem on my 2013 Rubicon in NZ, I've had it back twice, and every time they reset the engine check light, but after a few minutes it's on again, and the "ECO" indicator then stops working. The truck runs fine, and today the engine light actually went off for 5 minutes(with the ECO function returning), just to go on again. I will take it in again, and I will give you all feedback. This has the engineers at Jeep scratching their heads!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
only time this happened to me was when i got a change oil warning and CEL for some weird reason out of the blue. oil was changed just over 1000 miles before, level and color were perfect. after resetting the oil change indicator and driving for a bit, the ECO light came back on and CEL went away. I checked for codes at the same time i stopped to check oil level, and one code flashed for a quarter second then just disappeared and never came back. No idea what caused it, but that was about 10000 miles ago and hasn't happened again...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 has a CEL on and the Eco drive indicator doesnt come on, nor the auto start ( says disabled) its booked to do in 9 days from now. Will the ecodrive still work (5.7 ltr) or will I be on 8 cylinders the whole time?

Cheers

·
Registered
287 Posts
I disabled that eco crap. There's no room for economy in a Jeep. Now I see my radio/xm stations in the speedo
I did the same... "oooo, I'm now 18.5 vs. 16 mpg..." Whatever... Maybe if it took me from 20 to 40 mpg I might think having the ECO display (not).

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
First thing coming to my mind was the head issues in the 2012's. However, with the post beginning in November, there's a chance it's related to colder weather too. As the weather gets colder the metal contracts too, you could have a loose connection on the battery post - and it's surprising how little it takes being loose to make your dash light up too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts