Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2010 Wrangler it threw a check engine light. It’s runs fine BTW.
I took it to a shop I completely trust. He didn’t even charge me for the test.
He ran the code and it was a generic code for many things. Then he put on a diagnostic device that basically pumps smoke into the fuel system to see where an emission leak was coming from.
I have a leak in a valve that is connected to the gas tank. He did some research and apparently you cannot replace just the valve alone as it’s part of the gas tank (He did check around a few salvage yards and no one has a used tank for a 2010 Wrangler).
Therefore my options are:
1: Ask this board if they have ever run across this and is there a valve only option.
2. Replace the gas tank and see if there is an OEM gas tank less than $$790.
3. Keep checking the salvage yards for another tank.
4. Live with it as it effects nothing in regards to the running of the Jeep.
Appreciate you advice. .

·
Registered
844 Posts
There is a vent line that runs from the top of the tank up to the fuel filler hose. It has a plastic nipple. That's what broke on mine. I sleeved it with a piece of copper tube. It's held for 2 years now. It was an easy, cheap fix.

There is a post in this forum about fixing evap error codes. My fix is a few pages in. I'm on my phone so I can't post a link until tomorrow. It's titled something like the dreaded evap code fixes found.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much. Yes if you could post the fix sometime tomorrow I’d appreciate it. You basically described the issue the shop described to me. Once again thanks as I didn’t want to buy a gas tank for something so little.

·
Registered
844 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts