Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

i have a problem. yesterday i filled my jeep with 87 oc. gas from racetrac. after 10 miles the engine light check went on. i was confused.

i went to auto zone a couple of minutes ago and they read the error P0138

is it now necessary to change the o2 sensors or is it only the cheap racetrac gas???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey,

i have a problem. yesterday i filled my jeep with 87 oc. gas from racetrac. after 10 miles the engine light check went on. i was confused.

i went to auto zone a couple of minutes ago and they read the error P0138

is it now necessary to change the o2 sensors or is it only the cheap racetrac gas???
I would just run a can of seafoam through it and a tank of preimium I had the same thing happen to me. That's what I did. then I erased the code I never had another problem.

·
Registered
671 Posts
sea foam yes but the Premium gas is not needed

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're sure it wasn't just a loose gas cap? That will trigger the check engine light.
Yep, i was sober last night when i put the gas cap on again. after my wife drove me home the check engine light went on, so i figured shitty gas!

i put the sea foam in the gas tank, in the motor and in the vacuum line. now lets see what happen

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would just run a can of seafoam through it and a tank of preimium I had the same thing happen to me. That's what I did. then I erased the code I never had another problem.
Man you made my day! It worked and the check engine light went off.

I also made sure that this was the cheap gas from racetrac. So I drove to shell and filled v-power in the tank. Lol. Here v-power is 93 back in Germany v-power is 100

image-3891912129.jpg

Check Engine Light went off :) YEAH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts