Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for a while now, my check engine light has been on and ive been waiting to see if there has been any noticeable differences while driving and I still haven't noticed anything. Well, as I was heading home, I decided to stop at advanced auto and get it tested and these 2 codes came up that I have no knowledge about. Po320 (Ignition reference/crank circuit) and P0441 (Incorrect purge flow). Anyone else experience this same problem? Or does anyone know what to do with this situation? Any help would be much appreciated! :thumb:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,614 Posts
You don't need to stop at an auto parts store to read your codes, your '97 has its own built-in code generator that will display any DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes) in the odometer display.

Here's how... 1980s Chrysler, Plymouth, and Dodge computer fault codes

Basically you just turn your ignition switch on-off-on three times within five seconds and then wait after leaving it in the on position. 3-5 seconds later any codes present will start displaying. If you did it right, you will at least see the '55' code which just means no more codes follow.

You can do this for all model year Wrangler TJs except for '98-'00 models that temporarily lost that ability.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I had no idea that we could do our own code readings. Thats pretty cool! Thanks for the info! Thanks for the link as well for the write up, do any of yall think that this is something to fix asap or being that its basically just getting bad gas mileage, makes it not have a sense or urgency to fix?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts