Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys let me start off by saying i am new here bought my jeep unlimited sport about a month ago. About 3 days after i bought the jeep the check engine light came on and after 3 trips to the dealer and buying my own programmer every time it would give me the code for crankshaft position sensor or crankshaft/camshaft misallignment. I just put a new crankshaft position sensor on it today but any ideas if that is not it? I guess i should mention that it does not drive any different with the light on or off. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
664 Posts
When you changed the sensor did you clear the codes ? Has the check engine light come back on ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am pretty sure that you need to use WiTECH (specialized Chrysler software) to "relearn" the system that a new CAM sensor has been installed. I do not think that it is as easy as popping in the new sensor and clearing the codes with an aftermarket scanner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently replaced both camshaft sensors both aftermarket. I disconnected the battery as I was working on my jk. When I installed both sensors I reconnected the battery and no check engine light. It's been four days now and everything still works great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant remember the exact code number but i know it said crankshaft position sensor. I replaced the sensor and cleared the code with a super chips programmer and the light hasnt come on.....yet

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I just replaced the camshaft positioning sensor because of the hard start issue(no trouble codes involved). In the technical bulletin it says to use the WiTech to relearn also.

I was going to bring it to the dealer and do that but decided just to disconnect the battery and remove and replace to see if that would solve the issue.

It has been a few weeks since then, I have no issues at all with the hard start any longer so I'm in belief that this whole re-learn thing for a CPS is bogus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts