Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When speeding up this morning to get on beltway the check engine light came on . Does anyone know what could cause this. I have a 04 rubicon auto

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Take it to any chain parts store. They'll pull up the code for free ... More than likely one of your downstream O2s is not grounding properly..

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
When speeding up this morning to get on beltway the check engine light came on . Does anyone know what could cause this. I have a 04 rubicon auto
The cause can be for a multitude for things. You can pull the codes yourself. Turn the key from OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and the codes will be in the odometer

·
Registered
441 Posts
Take it to any chain parts store. They'll pull up the code for free ... More than likely one of your downstream O2s is not grounding properly..
X2 ... could be tps also

·
Registered
144 Posts
could be shift selonoid issue, jeep runs fine, after being warmed up running for like 20 mins starts to shift rough, similar to a clutch starting to slip, will help identify the shift selonoid failure

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the check engine light on my 08 Rubicon...just came on...but after reading NUMBEROUS posts...they all seem to say "just reset" something or other. What if I just keep driving with it on?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have the check engine light on my 08 Rubicon...just came on...but after reading NUMBEROUS posts...they all seem to say "just reset" something or other. What if I just keep driving with it on?
I would check to see what the code is, theres way too much that it could actually mean to just ignore it. Its possible it was a "hiccup" and just needs reset but you should at least look into what it is. ECU codes have proven to me to be something to pay attention to.

I use one of these:
Amazon.com: bluetooth odb2

with the android app torque:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

I believe there is a similar setup for iOS but I have no experience using it and with the price drop in BT ODB2 connectors its an easily justified expense IMHO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check your gas cap. I drove around with it off on Monday, and my Engine light came on. I had a heart attack untill I realized what I had done. Took two days for it to go off and my mileage was pretty crappy till then, but boy am I relived that's what was wrong.

Tried the ON/OFF key turn to get the codes and just could not get it to work. At least it was quite ovbious what the problem was....I'm just a dummy. At least I remembered to take the gas nozzle out!! :O haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts