Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every other time I crank the Jeep the gages don't operate, and the check gages light and alarm come on. Its an 05 TJ Sport with 49k on the clock. Anyone else have this problem or know what to check/do for it? I turn it right back off and restart it, and they work again.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Mine buzzes every so often due to needing to replace the oil pressure sending unit.. You can check them by doing the key dance, on, off, on, off, on while holding the odo reset button and they cycle through. Watch them and see if they are operating properly. That's all I got..... :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Every other time I crank the Jeep the gages don't operate, and the check gages light and alarm come on. Its an 05 TJ Sport with 49k on the clock. Anyone else have this problem or know what to check/do for it? I turn it right back off and restart it, and they work again.
Mine does the same thing on occasion, but usually only one guage will do it. My philosophy? If they are totally screwed up, time will tell. If they aren't totally screwed up, I can live with it. I just turn the key off and restart, no prob. UR

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does the same thing on occasion, but usually only one guage will do it. My philosophy? If they are totally screwed up, time will tell. If they aren't totally screwed up, I can live with it. I just turn the key off and restart, no prob. UR
Yeah, it did it again and I saw it was just the oil pressure gage, guess I will just kepp restarting it as long as it works until I can figure it out. Got worse problems now anyways. Drivers side front brake locked up on the way home. Gotta see if I need a new caliper. Nothing but problems so far, but still love her.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Replace the oil pressure sending unit....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rubicon2 said:
Check the connector to the instrument panel cluster.
Same thing he said, and when you take it apart, twist it one time before u plug it back in so it has pressure, keeping it against the contacts. Done this about a year ago and no problems since.

Edit: I just seen your last post. But keep that solution in mind if the others start going nuts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sometimes my oil pressure gauge stops working, but will kick in later while I listen for "tappets". Other times (usually when the weather changes drastically) none of my gauges will work. I give my dash a swift hit and then they work. Doesn't happen very often, but the "thwap" has worked every time for the loose wire/connection. :)

Have a great day... RT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts