Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my Crush 2012 JKU Sahara -- AEV Pintlers, argent -- Goodyear 285 70 17 Duratracs -- Readylift leveling kit -- Rugged Ridge Light Bar -- PIAA 520 Extreme Whites -- Stubby antenna. Still to go -- Cibie 7" H4s and Rallylights harness, and who knows what else...

What'dyathink?!

6-speed, 23G, 730N, max tow with 3.73 rear, black cloth, heated seats, supplemental side air bags, dual tops, Trac-lok & Connectivity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks cool! Color me green with envy :eek:)
How is the ride and noise of the duratracs compared to the stockers?
And did you need to do anything to mount the larger spare in the back?

·
Registered
633 Posts
VERY sharp. The difference is amazing when you have a set of before & afters to make a comparison.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What a difference. Sweet! :thumb:

I hate to mention something so insignificant, but it's amazing how much better your Jeep looks simply by sh**canning those hideous silver covers on your front and rear bumpers. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am going with the stubby bumpers caps and also remove the silver caps. Your Jeep looks great.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Second "very nice" I've offered today!

Very nice! :D

I'm also a little jealous.
I've done lots of little things to customize mine, but nothing that really stands out...yet.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks cool! Color me green with envy :eek:)
How is the ride and noise of the duratracs compared to the stockers?
And did you need to do anything to mount the larger spare in the back?
Thanks! I'm very happy with the Duratracs. There's a little bit of hum at 70 mph, but it's a white noise that's not offensive, and not the whine you hear from other half-knobby tires. Also, you can tell from driving that it's taller (by one inch) than the Bridgestone Duelers because there's a little bit of wobble in big, fast (75+ mph) sweepers like interstate ramps, but she settles right back down at 70 mph. Haven't had them in the mud or snow yet, but the reviews on them are really good in bad conditions.

Regarding the spare, the combined weight of the OEM wheel (30 lbs) and the OEM tire (38 lbs) was 68 lbs. The AEV Pintlers (23 lbs) and the new Duratracs (53 lbs) added up to 76 lbs. So the net weight gain was only 8 pounds per wheel. The rear tire carrier handled the 8 lbs with no sweat, but I added a long rubber Daystar bumper piece to keep the wheel off the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a difference. Sweet! :thumb:

I hate to mention something so insignificant, but it's amazing how much better your Jeep looks simply by sh**canning those hideous silver covers on your front and rear bumpers. :)
Thanks. Yep, once I decided to go with the argent (gun-metal) wheels, the silver trim had to go. Just a personal thing, but I think it looks a lot better with the silver trim off, and the Sahara and Wrangler Unlimited decals gone.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VERY sharp. The difference is amazing when you have a set of before & afters to make a comparison.
Thanks a bunch, CU. It took me longer to figure out how to post pictures than it did to order and take delivery of the Jeep! I'm not very scientifical on the Intraweb, but I finally worked it out.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going with the stubby bumpers caps and also remove the silver caps. Your Jeep looks great.
Thanks. I like the stubby bumpers too, but the little old bluehairs backing their Crown Vics out of the grocery store parking places scare the you- know-what out of me, and I'm sure one of them will corner punch me if I shorten the bumpers. Then, bye-bye wheel, tire, fender, front suspension -- and temper!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. Hope you're also finding that your Jeep is a blast to drive. Chrysler Fiat forgot to charge me for that!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks SWEET! Great job so far and I love the all crush.

I'm so glad that I don't have crush with matching fenders/top, though. I'm a huge Browns fan, and there would be a part of me that would want to put the Browns' helmet stripe down the middle of the Jeep, even though I know that would look terrible. But I'm not sure I'd be able to resist. Glad I got white. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts