Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALL the wrecking yards around the Eugene area pretty much don't have any CJ/YJ/TJ in their yards. At least I've never seen one. So I'm going to have to stick with the Cherokees.

I want to get JUST a "long" block" from the Yard to start making a Stroker Engine for my YJ. My YJ already has a 4.0 in it. It's my Daily Driver and hoping to take a weekend when the Stroker is done and do a block swap.

So a couple quick questions.

Which Cherokees Do I look for a 4.0 Block from?

Is there anything else I'd have to do besides swap over my Accessories and Sensors? Like would I have to have different mounts or a swap kit or different Oil pan?

ANYTHING else anyone can tell me?

Like for instance, the KA24E is pretty much the same between the car and truck...but a car one wont swap over without modifying the oil pan. The Pan holes are different so the truck one won't just swap over. You basically take the car one and modify the hell out of it to fit in the truck. Any modifications I'd have to do for a Cherokee 4.0?

I'll be using all the other equipment from the YJ (trans, brackets, mounts, wiring, etc). Just want to get all the info I can and have not something surprise me. Basically just swapping out Long Block.

I've Googled a bit much maybe I just searching with the wrong words lol.

Any good Links?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The 4.0L in a Cherokee and a YJ are the same animal, providing that the Cherokee is 4wd. Yes, they make a 2wd Cherokee, and as you said in your post, the oil pan is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts