Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all Chev drive train in my 90 Jeep YJ. I am about to put a Chev power steering box on my jeep and am wondering if anyone has done this and what kind of adapter I would need? Any one with any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Brent

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great question. I have heard of Astro boxes to help with front axle strech. Pitman arm is 180* different than yj, and still a sagnaw type. I would also like more info too. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my YJ the power steering box is on the inside of the frame next to the motor. With Chev the power steering box is on the wheel side of the frame. I need to know if there is a mount to attach a chev steering box that I can get or maybe get info from someone that has done this kind of conversion.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I put a Chevy 4.3 V6 in my 1992 YJ. I used a Chevy power steering pump and modified the power steering lines to fit my YJ's gear box. Why didn't you go that route? It just seems so much easier.

Take care,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed out all jeep drive train and put all chev drive train including the axles and to hook up the steering box it now has to go on the outside of the jeep frame. I wish I had a pic to show but I got the box up in place but turning all the way right the tire hits the pitman arm. Any Ideas???? Please and thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts