Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and girls I see plenty of Jeeps in Chicago but they all see to be driven by assholes. Myself excluded. But I'm looking for some knowledgeable jeepers that I can make friends with and help each other out with whatever. I've also run into a few maintenence problems recently so any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Guys and girls I see plenty of Jeeps in Chicago but they all see to be driven by assholes. Myself excluded. But I'm looking for some knowledgeable jeepers that I can make friends with and help each other out with whatever. I've also run into a few maintenence problems recently so any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
What kind of maintenance problems?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of maintenance problems?
Well I didnt want it to have to go to the dealer but I couldnt figure a thing out. Turns out I had a corroded terminal on my battery. I need to change my brakes which was needed anyway and my trans apparently needs 4 x 4 servicing. Its hard to type out my exact scenario but thats what the mechanic told me and pops. I also bought the Jeep used. 2010 2 dr islander edition. 18000 miles. Its at 26000 now. It just sucks having to go to the dealer and get bent over because I dont know much about engines in general.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had to create a new account everyone. This is me now. Brian. Just got my Jeep back today and she's running like a champ. Look forward to making some friends here

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Er, why'd you have to make a new account?

·
Registered
871 Posts
at less than 30k I seriously doubt you had any real trans or 4x4 issues; unless the PO absolutely beat the snot out of it, and since it's only a 2010 I doubt that you wouldn't be able to tell that just by looking.
Difficult to say for sure, but you might have been "had."
What shop did you take it to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
at less than 30k I seriously doubt you had any real trans or 4x4 issues; unless the PO absolutely beat the snot out of it, and since it's only a 2010 I doubt that you wouldn't be able to tell that just by looking.
Difficult to say for sure, but you might have been "had."
What shop did you take it to?
Hawk chrysler in forest park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts