Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized that changing spark plugs on my 2013 JK would not be as simple as an old truck V8 with a big engine compartment. I just purchased the Chilton DIY online subscription to get some better ideas on how to do it.

Terrible waste of money. The directions are not much more detailed than "put the new spark plugs in".

Does anybody make a good repair manual for a 2013 JK?

·
Registered
44 Posts
alldatadiy.com is what I've used. For spark plugs, it basically says remove coil, and remove plug, but it has links under "remove coil", which then has another link to "remove upper intake" which has about 30 steps.

They get their data directly from the OEM service manual according to the website.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alldatadiy.com is what I've used. For spark plugs, it basically says remove coil, and remove plug, but it has links under "remove coil", which then has another link to "remove upper intake" which has about 30 steps.

They get their data directly from the OEM service manual according to the website.
Do they have a lot of detail like the old paper manuals on alldatadiy.com or is it mostly overview stuff like ChiltonDIY? Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never used the Chilton site, so I can't compare it to that. Here's a couple screen shots from alldatadiy. You can drill down by component type and then see the installation and removal procedure for each part you're interested in with a parts diagram. Let me know if there's something specific you want to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StucknOH Thanks for posting! I checked the Chilton DIY website and the directions and illustrations are the exact same as what you posted. They must both get their info from the OEM service manual and then sell it to us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts