Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not seeing many posts on JCR Crusader series bumpers, I decided to make my own thread. There are a few threads on the budget Dagger series bumpers if that is what you were looking for.

Placed my order online, and I had a tracking number that it had shipped in less than one week. A week and a half I got everything delivered. The Crusader series is their flagship series equipment. Very robust and stout. The welds are top notch. I can see no flaws anywhere. I will be mounting them for a mock up before I drop them off at Line-X for coating.

Originally I had planned on ordering Expedition One bumpers, but I quickly changed my mind when I saw the JCR lineup.

Here is how everything arrived, carefully boxed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unwrapped. The rear bumper included lights, 3/4" D rings, and 3/4" bumper ring mounts. Stout! Front bumper included the same and uses the factory fog lights. Spare tire and rotopax carrier is needle bearing mounted.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front bumper included a bracket so that I don't have to cut and relocate my vacuum pump under the front bumper of my 2012.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great thread, can't wait to see the progress!

Are those D-ring mounts welded just on the outside or do they go through the bumper and welded on front and back?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I'm all in on this one as well. When I can stash enough dough, I am going with the JCR Bumpers as well. I love the rear setup with the protected fuel cans. I have seen several Jeeps running around with the 5 gallon jugs hanging off the back and I just can't see myself ever wanting to do that.

Post some progress pictures, and what you are using for paint when you have some time!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing I really liked about the rear bumper was it's width, and it's flexability. You can also mount a hi-lift and other tools easily. It swings out seperate from the tailgate to access items.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
PFS! In for finished pics!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great thread, can't wait to see the progress!

Are those D-ring mounts welded just on the outside or do they go through the bumper and welded on front and back?
Yes, the d-ring mounts go through the bumper, and are completely welded on both sides. :thumb:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Part one. Removed the stock front bumper, if you can call that plastic crap a bumper. Prepare mock up before coating.

I started by using my step drill to open up all the holes a little.

Then I used my Dremel and sanding barrel to smooth out the holes.

Followed up with a uni-flute counter sink for a nice chamfered finish.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bracket for the vacuum pump is genius. It simply bolts the vacuum pump to the frame. No having to cut the hoses and wires, then modify to fit inside your tight engine compartment. More companies should do this. I had to trim the mount a little to get a good fit, but nothing my Dremel couldn't handle.

First thing was removing the vacuum pump then cutting off half the mount and one stud. Took less than 3 minutes.

Next was mounting the bracket. The bolts that came in the kit were too short, luckily I had longer ones. Perfect fit. No drilling needed.

Next was mounting the pump. Kit supplied two longer bolts for this.

Last was sliding the bumper on. It fit like a glove. Now I get to take it all apart and take to coaters in the morning. The whole operation look about 1hr.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Been eyeing up the JCR Crusader rear bumper, just need to save the funds to get it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm intrigued.

I've been debating a JCR bumper for a while now versus a Rugged Ridge tube for a long time. I like the JCRs hardiness, but I really love the RR classic look. I'm mainly a hunting trail person and won't do much, if any, rock crawling so I don't find the need for heavy duty stuff.

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts