Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not sure if their actually made in china but quite possibly.

Why do people stay away from the aftermarket body panels?

Used with wear and some surface rust go for 50$ with 40$ shipping and new are around 120$.

Is there a downfall from using the newer ones?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Try jc Whitney or quadratrac if in the US. China or any aftermarket panel may require a little more adjustments to fit properly and may be made from steel that is thinner or less corrosion resistant than original parts. You get what ya pay for in panels. On a my jeep I'd do if needed.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
In my opinion they just plane suck. Jeeps are moister traps to begin with .YJ CJ are the worst for rust .add the china junk fender and youll have junk ina couple of yrs there not as good of steel as the canadan production.they are a waste of money .they dont fit and flimzy.get stock oem used fenders recondition them and youll be much happpier in the long run.some people dont care what they use .Cheaper isnt better .and then look at alll the jobs lost in America due to the simple fact .People buy these Chinese body parts and now Insurance co. jumped on the same dang band wagon.
do what you want but I would never install aftermarket parts on any vehicle.not mine nor a customers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts