Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I have Chinaman Gulch in my calendar for 5/25....can someone confirm if there's a group going up there then?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Just might have to too. I want middle though. I wanna see you guys show off this time.

I was looking into having a group of military guys but we need more time and rigs to get it put together.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just might have to too. I want middle though. I wanna see you guys show off this time.

I was looking into having a group of military guys but we need more time and rigs to get it put together.
Was that where I got the date from?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yep. Besides Danny need to get his out and exercise Nacho. You bringing the wife this time?

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Well, since it seems to be shaping up to be a run of show offs you should have a good time Doug ;)

I've got all my repairs and enhancements done from the last go round, time to bash it again and see how the frame mounts hold up.

How are you doing with your HP30?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well, since it seems to be shaping up to be a run of show offs you should have a good time Doug ;)

I've got all my repairs and enhancements done from the last go round, time to bash it again and see how the frame mounts hold up.

How are you doing with your HP30?
Got to put some money together. Have some ideas of what I'm going to do. You know, sleve it, truss it, alloys, brace the knuckles, gears, locker, drive shaft. You know simple things.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got to put some money together. Have some ideas of what I'm going to do. You know, sleve it, truss it, alloys, brace the knuckles, gears, locker, drive shaft. You know simple things.
Whyyyy....gears yeah...alloys? check.sleeves and truss? Nahhhhh...its a throw away axle!

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Agree with Mike, you're turning a cheap molehill into a very expensive mountain. When all is said and done you will still have a Dana 30 and it's primary weakness, the ring and pinon will still be there. Yes the high pinon is stronger than a low pinon and fine for 35's but if you want a killer front axle you need to start with at least a Dana 44.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Sleeve is only about $20 the bracing about the same. Scrap medal stuff. If I do the locker I wont do it without alloys. But speakers???? OH HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Doug if you put a full time locker in that axle your steering is going to go straight out the window. Sleeving the long tube has merit but why all the overkill?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well I'm in. Wife is gonna be gone so I get to go wheeling. As for the axle I just want to make sure I don't bend it too bad. Not sure on what locker. Been looking at the electric ones. I thought about a LSD but I want full lock when I need it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts