Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my rubi last fall, wheeled the hell out of it for a few months and realized some of its and my own capabilities. I decided that for spring i am going to do lift and tires, but i want to do it right. I want a 4 inch with all 8 control arms, adj track bars, steering stab. and front discos, im def getting a tom woods shaft and 33" km2s.
Now that you know what i want, I want your opinions, I'm debating the superlift rockrunner kit or the Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit.

The superlift kit costs a little more but includes shocks, doesn't have discos or track bar

RE kit has both of those but doesnt have shocks

So regardless of brand im looking at almost the same cost.

Who has experience with either brand? i want you to chime in, especially if it's regarding customer experience, maintenance, ride quality, handling, or even ease of install.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and adding to the options, would you stick with rubi wheels and 185-75-16 or get cheapo steelies with 33x1250s?

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
I would get some cheap steel rims and go to a 17" tire. There are many more choices available to you. As far as the lift goes, I would prefer RE over SL. Others will chime in with their experiences. It all depends on you're overriding factors for the build (warranty, final cost, quality, reputation, etc). Also, you should look at Rock Krawler. They have excellent products and a fantastic warranty. Check out their short arm kits here.

If you need help with any products, send me a PM. Great deals are available.

Allen

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I've got the 3.5 RE standard lift with OME shocks. Love the ride on and off the road. very smooth on, and feels like stock off. You can get the lift and shocks pretty cheep from 4x4groupbuy.com.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
ive had great success with my RE 3.5 superflex kit. I would recomend not goin with a steel rim only to save on unsprung weight and getting a better qaulity rim for balancing. id also stick with 15inch rim as well..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts