Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently realized in this cold weather that my awsome(sarcasm) Carter carb is acting up in the morning. It hard starts like no tommorow but then runs perfectly fine. Apon further inspection(two wing nuts) and carb cleaner, I realized the reason why she won't high idle is because my choke won't close which are both contributors to the HARD starting. Weird thing is the choke seems to be seized or something it is stuck wide open and only jiggles a 1/4 inch. What is my issue and I would perfer to rig my choke up to a cable system if anyone has any ideas

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would try loosening the 3 screws on the choke thermostat and turning it to see if it is stuck first. If it moves the butterfly flap let me know and its pretty easy to adjust from there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Go to the part store and buy a manual choke. I have this set up on 4 out of 5 of my jeeps.
with a cable controlled choke you know it works right every time .
i am a firm believer that most of the Jeepers that have hard starts and bad gas mpg
are having choke problems.
if you need help or pics of my set up just let me know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I will have to try the thermostat thing and go from there. HARD starts are such a pain in the ass. Sometime I wonder if it's gunna start in time for work or eat my battery for breakfast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts