Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys could use some help. I've had a ruff cold idle and some stalling issues so I started examining the carburetor. When I first start it up it runs super rich like the choke isn't opening up. I've been looking at the choke thermostat and have ordered a new one but it hasn't arrived. I also began looking at the choke vacuum diaphragm and saw a testing procedure. It said to disconnect the hose and push the stem in the cover the valve with a finger and release stem. I did this and it popped back out immediately. This would appear to be a failure. When I pulled it off and put the valve to my ear and pushed on the stem I could hear air being pushed out. Just wondering if it is truly shot and where to get a new one since I can't seem to find them on Checker or Autozones website. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
My buddies Jeep wouldnt idle at all. Every time he would come too a stop it would die. I just took the choke off and left it off. I also took the venturis out and sprayed carb cleaner through the thing untill it was a nice stream. Reinstalled it and it worked great. We live in FL so we dont really need the choke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts