Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a 2" BB on my 2005 LJ last year, in prep for 31"s. (replaced the stabilizer and track bar, when I installed the tires, had everything aligned) Drove great, DW and any shimmy gone.

After 7500 miles, rotated the tires. After rotating them, it was time for inspection, so I had them re-ballance the tires while it was there. According to the shop, they were all "off", and were re-weighted accordingly. Since then, I have a shimmy/vibration at 55 to 60 mph. :banghead: Planning on have the tires reballanced this weekend and hopefully fix this issue. As far as I can observe with someone turning the steering wheel back and forth, everything in the front end looks tight.

Anyhow....When I put the BB in, I didn't replace the shocks, and now I want to do that for a better highway ride. (My Jeep is just about to hit the 100,000 mile mark) I'm assuming I need 2" longer shocks than standard? (I can feel the rear "top out" when going over a hilltop sometimes) How do I get the correct length shock? All the parts books list the shock by vehicle, not "with 2" lift.

What is a good shock for a 2" BB lifted 2005 LJ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bilstein 5100s

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run the Zone shocks, but the standard, not nitro with their 2" lift. they perform great, and am told they ride less stiff than their nitro shocks on road.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do I just order the stock length shock for a LJ, or do I order a shock from "1986 Dodge 1500 pick-up" because they are 2" longer?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Zone nitro. $176 shipped from their site
I hope these are good...bringing home my new 06 Monday with a fresh Zone 3" lift. I upgraded to these shocks. I considered buying the lift without shocks, and buying seperately Bilstein 5100s, but didn't want to spend over $700 for a basic lift before shipping.

I got my Zone lift for under $600 shipped with nitro shocks and a steering stabilizer. Hoping I don't regret the shock choice...I run Bilsteins on 2 of my Camaros and my diesel Sierra and I love them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts