Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the wife has a 08 jk 4 door and Christmas time is around the corner (unfortunately). We want to do some kind of mod that will make the jeep stand out a bit. The limit is roughly $150. Any ideas?

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh those are both sweet! Does the leveling kit make a decent difference? I guess I could look up before and after pictures lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
mirrors and foot pegs for summer cruising with doors off
new speakers
heavy duty floor mats
rear tire cover with some meaningful message on it
grab bars
jeep logo clothing

·
Registered
42 Posts
some kind of sunshade
mirrors for when you go doorless
partial audio upgrades
cleaning supplies (shop vac, soap, wax, wash broom)
foot pegs
trunk cover
some kind of temp top
fuel door
seat covers
grill inserts
turn signals

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
Oh those are both sweet! Does the leveling kit make a decent difference? I guess I could look up before and after pictures lol
^^^It will give you 2" lift in the front and 1" in the rear. This will also eliminate most of the rake.

Yes, there is a noticeable difference..IMO

View attachment 2593257

^^^Before leveling.

View attachment 2593265

^^^After leveling.

·
Registered
421 Posts
^^^It will give you 2" lift in the front and 1" in the rear. This will also eliminate most of the rake. Yes, there is a noticeable difference..IMO ^^^Before leveling. ^^^After leveling.
best before and after pictures I've seen. I wonder if the wife would notice ????

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
best before and after pictures I've seen. I wonder if the wife would notice ????
^^^I guess that depends on, how tall she is..:D

did you upsize wheels & tires too?
^^^That is not my Wrangler.
The OP, was wanting to see a before and after, so I just pulled some PICS up for him!

But it does look like he went from 16's to 17's!

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
150.00 in lottery tickets. May turn 150 into thousands.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You could get her a sun shade top, if you want it to stand out they make cheap ones with an American flag print, pirate flag, camo, etc. if you can find cheap/used tube doors. Or a really cheap 50inch light bar for about 200.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Okay so the wife has a 08 jk 4 door and Christmas time is around the corner (unfortunately). We want to do some kind of mod that will make the jeep stand out a bit. The limit is roughly $150. Any ideas?
Check the cheap mod thread. And you should be more specific about what "stands out" means to you. I would never plaster a flag on my car if my life depended on it, but some people view that is a great idea. Different tastes, no right or wrong.

150.00 in lottery tickets. May turn 150 into thousands.
Emphasis on MAY. Far more likely to piss away $150 with nothing to show for it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts