Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you get when a Jeep JK mates with a Nubian Royal Airship? You geta Jeep with more chrome than Paul Wall’s grill. As all of you know this isn’t a norm for Rebel Off Road, but we were happy to build it out for a customer’s daughter who wanted a JK with lots and lots of chrome. We're thinking she wanted to be able to do her hair and makeup from any angle around her Jeep... so luckily now she can! Upon receiving this request, we immediately called some of our Jawa friends to see what shiny parts we could salvage from some old droids. Since we just got done repairing the treads on their Sandcrawler, they were happy to oblige and personally delivered some protocol droids straight to the Rebel Bunker. With all the shiny metal we needed we went to work to build the shiniest city cruiser (well, other than Justin Bieber's and a few guys in Dubai). Featured on this chrome plated JK are accents by Rugged Ridge, Borla Exhaust, and Putco. Knowing very well our client might have to get Sam Flynn off the grid we dropped a Teraflex 2.5” Lift Kit with Fuel 18x9 Full Throttle Chrome PVD Wheels on a set of 35” Falken Wildpeak A/Ts. Don’t worry Flynn, we’ll get you home!

Ohhhh shiny

If all this chrome is hurting your retinas, check out some pics from our most recent trip up to Big Bear here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/big-bear-february-2015-rebel-off-road-1108874.html#post17043354

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am one of the many people on here that isn't the biggest fan of chrome, but I have to say that I really like this Jeep and think it is very well done. I like the choice of white for the color because the chrome doesn't seem to stand out and be as loud as on a darker color.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When I had a Harley with enough chrome on it to buy another Harley, detractors used to like to tell me that: "Chrome won't get you home."

I've never thought much of chrome on a Wrangler, it seems too ironic. Like putting a lift kid on a Rolls Royce. But that said, this vehicle makes it work. I agree with tanner, the white and chrome compliment each other well. Any more might be too much, less might look uncommitted. Excellent balance. Good job.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the complements guys, we like satisfied clientele around here, and with this build that's exactly what we got! We knew some would be skeptical about so much chrome on a Jeep, but in the end it turned out to be one clean Jeep with an old school feel.

Any pictures of the Harley? We like bikes too!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Not my thing but looks like it turned out well. Thanks for sharing Rebel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts