Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poking around my first jeep, finding strange things.

So the detailed options report contains a CVCP option and explains that it is "Chrome/Leather Wrapped Shift Knob" (mine's a manual).

I'm looking at it, and it's blatantly rubber. As well as the boot.

Dealership guys shrug, write it down as IOU, and offer a guess that Chrysler will just do nothing about it.

Not that I'm gonna lose any sleep over it, but is there anyone who can post a picture of how the actual leather/chrome shift know looks like? Just curious :)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Poking around my first jeep, finding strange things.

So the detailed options report contains a CVCP option and explains that it is "Chrome/Leather Wrapped Shift Knob" (mine's a manual).

I'm looking at it, and it's blatantly rubber. As well as the boot.

Dealership guys shrug, write it down as IOU, and offer a guess that Chrysler will just do nothing about it.

Not that I'm gonna lose any sleep over it, but is there anyone who can post a picture of how the actual leather/chrome shift know looks like? Just curious :)
Does yours have the chrome on it, at least?

I can't speak to whether mine is leather or rubber, but it does have chrome accents. I'll get a pic in a few minutes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks exactly the same to me, less the chrome painted bezel. The body of the shifter and the boot both look identical.
Second that. @jwt873 - is your boot also rubber? You can find out if you just pull down on it; if it is rubber it will roll back and expose its internal structure without any retainers whatsoever. Leather will simply not hold like that, it'll need some sort of a ring inside.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Second that. @jwt873 - is your boot also rubber? You can find out if you just pull down on it; if it is rubber it will roll back and expose its internal structure without any retainers whatsoever. Leather will simply not hold like that, it'll need some sort of a ring inside.
Yep, it seems to be rubber. No retaining ring, and when you roll it down, it feels like rubber.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts