Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I.recently changed my rear differential from the d35 to the slightly better 8.25, after fhe swap it was fine with no problems at all however when i checked the fluid it was a bit low so i refill it with a mobil 90 gear oil and then i notice after the refill there is a nasty sound like the old d35 knocking when pulling over.
Is that because of the fluid or something elese.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ibuildembig said:
They have a really bad issue with pinion bearing failure
IBEBIG ia right the pinion bearing goes out on the. I always seem to have one laying around herw that I have changed for somebody. The oil in the diff does not circulate as good as Dana axles to the inner pinion bearing from what I can tell.

I find replacements all the time for $100 or less. It will cost you more than that to have the bearing changed

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly i do fix those thing my delf or getting help from my friend but this is really weard cause i swapped the differential to get rid of this issue .
I checked the pinion bearing and its indeed need to be changed soon however the sound mostly came out somewhere near to the wheel.

Its like tock tock tock tock tock till i move straight its getting worse when turning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts