1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct that it states US dealers. I do not know if this will be extended to the rest of the world but hope it is.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
That is AWESOME news!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
What is the issue with the heads? Is it specific to 2012's?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,850 Posts
Very good news for a '12 owner still with the original head!!!

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Yup, so any 2013's built in the summer of 2012 (prior to July 25th) have the AB heads (which were still bad). After that, all JK's got the AC heads. I can't remember when the cut-of was for the AA heads....sometime in the early summer of 2012 as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for posting! After having the changeout fairly early on, the engine - and everything else - has been great on mine. This gives me some piece of mind.

·
Super Moderator
14,850 Posts
They either came to their senses or the legal department decided this was the best course of action.

All it takes is an aggressive law firm to file a class action.

Since they chose not to do a recall, it seems the only prudent action they could take.

A few very angry, just out of warranty, consumers could really blow this one up on them with all of the information available on the interwebz...

This gives me some piece of mind.
AGREE!

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Since they chose not to do a recall, it seems the only prudent action they could take.

A few very angry, just out of warranty, consumers could really blow this one up on them with all of the information available on the interwebz...
I wonder what happened to the what was it? "Only 1% of Wranglers sold"...

Now we find out their reliability testing was performed with strict controls. You bet this was a class action waiting to happen. This would really tarnish the brand as the go-anywhere vehicle as long as you fill it with Chrysler spec gas.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts